Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just picked up my audi a1 185 and omg its amazing im loving it. i have put pictures up in my gallery of it and am extremly pleased with how it looks. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've wanted them wheels for ages :O, am I just stupid and did not know you could order them?

Anyway car looks ace, run it in and then drive it like a trooper!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dale said:
I've wanted them wheels for ages :O, am I just stupid and did not know you could order them?

Anyway car looks ace, run it in and then drive it like a trooper!
Thanks i got the dealer to get them sprayed in that colour i think it makes the car stand out more :).

how long do you have to run it in for my dealer said you dont have to but its advised not to boot it staright away?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yeh I'm deffinetly getting my wheels sprayed grey, I wanted it in the first place but didn't know audi did it. How much was it for all 4 to be sprayed?

Well some garages say 1000ish miles and some say it's alright just to boot it as soon as you get it haha!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Dont boot it straight away, in fact give it a good run out and try and find a nice road to gently wear in the tyres, brakes and engine.

Dont forget the whole car is fresh and lots of nice lacquer to get rid of.

Definatly an individual A1 with the Sline package and the competition kit, as well as those alloy wheels.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Those seats are wicked! I'm so jealous! How much were they if you don't mind me asking?

Very nice car - you must be well chuffed, 185 as well! :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice car dude! :D

Like the wheels that colour, I have the same wheels and was planning to get them done a similar colour.

Pick mine up tomorrow!!! :cool:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey thanks for the comments guys/girls the wheels where £400 do do and the seats are a £1800 extra i think not 100% with out looking. i went to audi today and the guy said that my car has launch control when he tryed doing it he couldnt get it to work and said it myt be because some ecu's are set to wait for a certain millage till you feel all the benifits would like to see it work :) also they forgot to put the paddels on it so they said they have to check and see if it can be done at the dealer :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow - wish I could have afforded those seats. Just showed my husband your pics and he's now on You Tube checking out 185's! :lol: Think he wants one now!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Didnt know what my audi a1 185 sounded like so got my friend to take a video so i could hear it :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Morells said:
Didnt know what my audi a1 185 sounded like so got my friend to take a video so i could hear it :)

I was pleasantly surprised at the sound when I drove it out of the dealers. Just like an s3. Love it.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Wow it actually sounds really good! I am pleasantly surprised! Nice car mate

·
Registered
149 Posts
Morells said:
Hey thanks for the comments guys/girls the wheels where £400 do do and the seats are a £1800 extra.

The super sports seats look the buisiness!, first pictures I have seen of them in an a1. I now know what to expect when my glacier White tdi arrives hopefully in September.

·
Registered
98 Posts
rghealth said:
Morells said:

I was pleasantly surprised at the sound when I drove it out of the dealers. Just like an s3. Love it.
Can't really hear much of the exhaust but the supercharger whine is LOUD! simply amazing.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
kennyshane84 said:
rghealth said:
Morells said:

Can't really hear much of the exhaust but the supercharger whine is LOUD! simply amazing.
You can hear the exhaust on the second link i put on here. if you click this link you can hear it better

·
Registered
67 Posts
Morells said:
the guy said that my car has launch control when he tryed doing it he couldnt get it to work and said it myt be because some ecu's are set to wait for a certain millage till you feel all the benifits would like to see it work :) also they forgot to put the paddels on it so they said they have to check and see if it can be done at the dealer :(
Hi Nice car,

I wouldn't worry about launch control unless you like replacing your clutch ! :lol: :lol:

The paddles are part of :
1XX 3-spoke leather Sports multi-function steering wheel with gear-shift paddles (S tronic models only) and it will be interesting if they can be retro fitted, please keep everybody informed.

I have paddles on my current car , never use them just change to "S" and away you go.
I have selected them for my A1 185 only so that it will be easier to sell on.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hey just found out that my car can have the paddle's fitted at the dealers there just getting back to me on how much it'll cost. also he told me how to use LAUNCH CONTROL :)

My dealer told me how to do it but it dosn't activate till after you'v done 1000miles says its a safty feature in the ECU but he told me how to do it when youv gone past 1000miles:-

Turn the traction control off
select sport mode
keep foot on the brake
put your foot on the gas till it reaches 4000rpm
left foot off the brake
and have some fun ;)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Fixed it for you :D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.