Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well me and my pupils have managed to snap off the black plastic handle to adjust the drivers seat back and forward, having a new one fitted today when the part arrives :eek: thought it might have lasted a bit longer than 9 months :shock:

·
Registered
619 Posts
I heard someone else say this... pretty bad! That said it is a very flimsy part and i'm not surprised

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All fixed, was told it is not a part they keep in stock as under £10, so will always have to order it if it happens again.

Now I have to take my car in and leave it for a few hours for the latest computer updates???

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,
Well im glad its not just me with a dodgy seat handle.
Car has been in to Audi 4 times for the same repair!!!!!! and its still comes off in my hand.
COME ON AUDI SORT IT OUT!!!!!!
Mine are the s line seats not sure if this is the problem?
Great car but Very poor quality mechanisms. :oops:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've had a nightmare with my seats. I've got the sports version and have had the handle come off too. Has anyone else experienced real excessive rocking movement with the seat? My head rests don't stay in place either, seems the clasps don't hold it in place, just prevent it from coming all the way off.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yep,same here on the head rest clasps,there is no lock with them !?
Slight movement with driver's seat also.Car two week's old,trip to stealers needed i think !

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Hi

Not been a problem on my car, so maybe eating two shredded wheat instead of three in the morning has helped.

:D :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Audi my not expect the seat to be adjusted 8 times day by us and our pupils.
Maybe we charge them a development fee :lol:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hopefully my new handle will be in tomorrow and can be fitted, they still don't hold them in stock.

It was broken by the smallest yound girl, wish they would change it to a large bar like Ford!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts