Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just been going over the options for the A1.

I am a little uncertain as to the way the boot and folded seats work together. The A1 I test drive had the had the luggage pack whihc included the raised boot floor and hiden storage comaprtment. This allows a nice flow between the boot and the folded seats.

If there is no luggage pack and as such a lower boot floor is there a step up from the boot onto the backs of the folded seats. :?:

Thanks for you help, pictures would also be a great help
:)

·
Registered
921 Posts
With or without the luggage pack the boot floor is at the higher level because the battery is in the boot. Some members have dropped the boot floor to sit on top of the battery and made spacers to level it.
With the seats you can either fold just the backrests down in which case the floor is not flat or you can fold the cushions up first then lower the backrests.
There are some pics of mine under the Tyred! thread - but I have not lowered the boot floor at all

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info chelmersteve.

I think the luggage pack is needed by the looks of it, keeps the bits together. I dont remember my dealer mentioning the option of a spare wheel, but I noted some comments from the other thread and thanks again.

I also found an interesting video that shows my concern
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHaD-Zfx ... re=related

Example of the boot is a 2:30

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump.

any help from new owners please ??

·
Registered
921 Posts
That's a very early video showing a pre-production car. It shows the boot floor in the lower position which is not possible on the production car with the battery in the boot (without making up some spacers so it clears the top of the battery).
It also doesn't show that you can tip the rear seat cushions up to get a flat floor.
The boot floor really only has one position, that is flush with the boot opening. If you don't have the luggage pack the space beneath the floor is just a void as shown in the pics on the Tyred! thread.
If you have the Bose sound system that takes up some of the under floor space to the left of the battery / spare wheel well

The spare wheel is a dealer supplied option.

What else you want to know?

·
Registered
84 Posts
bob_s said:
Hello,

I am a little uncertain as to the way the boot and folded seats work together. The A1 I test drive had the had the luggage pack whihc included the raised boot floor and hiden storage comaprtment. This allows a nice flow between the boot and the folded seats.

If there is no luggage pack and as such a lower boot floor is there a step up from the boot onto the backs of the folded seats. :?:

Please see photos of "normal boot, under floor & rear seats folded

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
bob_s said:
Hello,

Also see rear seats folded without bench lifted & finally seats folded with boot floor "lowered"

Hope this answers your question

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help and the inforation.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thankx, it was really helpful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts