Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
A question for those who have their cars. On my A3 i have found it really annoying trying to open the boot whilst the engine is running. I have to have my car searched when i get to work, (i work airside at an airport) and as there is no boot release switch, i have to repeatedly hit the door unlock button on the driver door until the dead locks release the bootlock. A good 20+ presses. even if i remove the keys and stop the engine the boot isn't always unlocked.....

What is the A1 like? Is there a boot button or is it a case of hitting the door lock button again??

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kksf5864 said:
there is a boot button on the key. I have the advanced key, but am pretty sure the standard one is the same!
yarp i have that as well, however its a pain to have to turn everything off and remove the keys when i can dash in and out of security... you have no ideas of the queues! The button doesnt work whilst its in the ignition... (on the A3)

·
Registered
921 Posts
You could set the unlock button on the fob to unlock everything then its just a matter of lifting the boot catch (above the number plate). Or if you only want the driver's door to unlock from the fob it should only take one press of the switch on the driver's door to unlock the boot (it will also unlock the passenger door)- it doesn't release the boot like with the centre button on the fob - you still have to press the boot catch and lift the lid. This was what my A3s were like and my A1 is the same

1 - 4 of 4 Posts