Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed today before i took my A1 in, a swirl of scratches on the door. I remember last week there being a great pile of bird shit down the door. So i wet it and wiped it off before it damaged the paint. Unfortunatelly the little blighter must have been eating grit for breakfast and the shite had scratched the paint :x
Hopefuly a bit of polish and elbow grease should fetch the scratches out, but how is the best way to shift the shit in the first place, especially if it had had a few hours to bake in the meantime ?

·
Registered
305 Posts
simonski said:
I noticed today before i took my A1 in, a swirl of scratches on the door. I remember last week there being a great pile of bird shit down the door. So i wet it and wiped it off before it damaged the paint. Unfortunatelly the little blighter must have been eating grit for breakfast and the shite had scratched the paint :x
Hopefuly a bit of polish and elbow grease should fetch the scratches out, but how is the best way to shift the shit in the first place, especially if it had had a few hours to bake in the meantime ?
just keep at it with a hose and soapy suds i find works a treat

·
Registered
179 Posts
Bird Poo contains all sorts of environmental contaminants such as stones and acids that can all damage your paintwork, the best way is to remove it as quick as possible, use the Autoglym bird dropping removal wipes, they are a handy item to keep in your glovebox for all of those unexpected events.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
hot water and let it soak in.....it should come off no probs when it softens

don't whatever you do rub it off! it WILL scratch!

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
crosbydavid91 said:
Bird Poo contains all sorts of environmental contaminants such as stones and acids that can all damage your paintwork, the best way is to remove it as quick as possible, use the Autoglym bird dropping removal wipes, they are a handy item to keep in your glovebox for all of those unexpected events.
This is what I use, work a treat.

·
Registered
305 Posts
hm1975 said:
I have bird dump remover which came my superguard kit, those removal wipes are pretty good too.
yeah i have these but havent looked twice at them, how do they work?

·
Registered
179 Posts
jollyretard said:
hm1975 said:
I have bird dump remover which came my superguard kit, those removal wipes are pretty good too.
yeah i have these but havent looked twice at them, how do they work?
The can of superguard bird dump remover is like foam, you spray it over the area and wipe away.

I havent used the AutoGlym wipes but plan on getting some when my superguard runs out.

·
Registered
574 Posts
just used wipes mine yesterday but mind you i had a job trying to catch the seagull that done it :lol:
my car came with autoglym pack and tbh they work a treat

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
father ted said:
just used wipes mine yesterday but mind you i had a job trying to catch the seagull that done it :lol:
my car came with autoglym pack and tbh they work a treat
Spread lots of bird seed on your car roof and wait close by with an Axe, Father :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Agree about the Autoglym Bird Dropping wipes. Excellent. Great to keep in the glove box.

Boarded in the top of the garage but the swallows still manage to get the car at time. Bless them!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
First Audi said:
the swallows still manage to get the car at time
Better swallows than the wood pigeons we get round here!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I need to do something about the bird poo because every morning I wake up to poo in the back and front window EVERTIME! It's never anywere else... I'm going to try and wet it and use a cif wipe. :cry:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Another vote for the Auto Glym wipes. Been using them since I got a box in the lifeshine kit with my old A3 2 years ago. They really do work well.

Always best to get to it as quick as possible though as it is amazing how quickly some poo will start to eat into the lacquer coat!

·
Registered
445 Posts
I use Simoniz spray on wax it is clear so does not dry white on black plastic,good on bird mess and good for getting off flies,plus cheap to buy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.