Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
E172Essex said:
The Audi A1, I will keep mine until I do 100,000 miles or wreck it but glad to know it is losing little especially in the first year.

http://cars.uk.msn.com/features/used-ca ... 77&page=20

Sorry, it is the only way I know how to paste a link :oops:
haha i like the comment someone put...

"I'd rather buy a manly Jaguar XJS V12 for £500 than one of these sickly looking beginner cars, that have zero appeal, or style...exhausts like straws, and wheels that look like they belong to a bicycle..."

oh dear

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Posted by some northern fat twat with no taste. Who the hell buys a XJS for £500 and is proud of it. :roll:

·
Registered
305 Posts
E172Essex said:
Posted by some northern fat twat with no taste. Who the hell buys a XJS for £500 and is proud of it. :roll:
haha, well i dont think he's really in a position to make a comment like that about a £20k new audi if his budget is £500 :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Cool... Hopefully i will get a very decent price when i sell my A1 in August! :)

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Yes, this was a Audi stock car... New one on order! :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mojito said:
Yes, this was a Audi stock car... New one on order! :)
Ah. Impatient then. This is my third new car, ignoring depreciation because I keep my cars for years one of the main reasons for buying new is getting the exact car I want.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Well not impatient... I was originally going to do a factory order but I needed a car to get around in and didn't want to go through the banger route again (long story) Haha.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had no choice, my last car was stolen!
3 months without a car. Cost me half a stone extra in weight and God knows how much in money. Not fun!

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Really? What car did you have that was stolen?

Thats a long time to be without a car... When my last two bangers caused me trouble and left me be without a car, i swore that i wouldn't go back to one. Breaking down on a parkway in a dangerous position with a young daughter in the back is not good :(

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Ill be goin new every yr for 1800 quid lol hopefully once a few mre are sold they dnt depreciate faster

·
Registered
305 Posts
tim said:
I would like an XJS V12 but cant afford the petrol! You could soon get through the cost of an A1.
yeh not for £500 though!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
That 10% depreciation has rele made my day...should work out roughly half my monthly is getting stored in my car and not disappearin which is very respectable i believe

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mojito said:
Really? What car did you have that was stolen?

Thats a long time to be without a car... When my last two bangers caused me trouble and left me be without a car, i swore that i wouldn't go back to one. Breaking down on a parkway in a dangerous position with a young daughter in the back is not good :(
I had a BMW 325 TI SE, in Ambra, which is a kind of gold, only ever saw 2 others like it in 9 years so my car was definitely stolen to break up.
Missing the power a bit at the moment and may get the tuning box in due course.
Loving the adaptions I have done so far and all the gadgets like the SD card etc.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm certain that the A1 will really hold it's value well, especially in the early years from launch. It's not going to be a miracle worker though, so any thoughts that it will be really easy to change your A1 over a short term and not lose a lot of money aren't sensible.

What Car? reckon about 22% lost in year one which is excellent and sounds more realistic than 10%.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Id say a lil less then 22 % over the first 2-3 years...10% does sound a load of tosh tho

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
audiphil said:
Be interesting to see if car fully loaded with options hold their value better or not? thoughts please?
A A1 with minimal, but desirable options would hold its value better, imo... Maybe Xenons, Bose and service plan? Possibly SatNav?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts