Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got an A1 with the battery under the bonnet or are the all in the boot?

·
Registered
70 Posts
ave got a diesel and its in the boot!

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Battery in the boot. 1.4 S Line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
acrogenesis said:
yup on the boot under the spare wheel which is under some strange thing which is under the carpet thing :p lol
I wa under the impression there was no spare wheel with the A1.... :?:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Found this picture on a Google search.....

Looks like jump leads attached to a battery....in the front....?

Just to through a spanner in the works :lol:

Andrew

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
shakeystevo said:
Found this picture on a Google search.....

Looks like jump leads attached to a battery....in the front....?
Can't really tell from that picture whether that's a battery - it looks quite low down - might just be a +ve terminal to connect jump leads to. BUT, as I said earlier, I'm pretty sure the 1.2 petrol has the battery under the bonnet (in that front left hand corner where the jump lead is shown).

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Its just a terminal block, not a battery.

·
Registered
57 Posts
yorky40 said:
acrogenesis said:
yup on the boot under the spare wheel which is under some strange thing which is under the carpet thing :p lol
I wa under the impression there was no spare wheel with the A1.... :?:
Hmm maybe its beacause of the wheel size mine is 16 and the spare wheel looks like a bikes tyre :p i'll take a picture in a while when i go out

·
Registered
33 Posts
Has anyone else seen the internals of the e-tron? By looking at the pics it doesn't look as thou you can lower the floor... or even fit in a standard shopping trip. Batteries galore!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I can confirm that the picture in this post with jump leads is a charging point provided in the engine bay and connects to the battery in the boot. It is exactly as my own 1.4 Sport

·
Registered
142 Posts
acrogenesis said:
here's the pic of the spare wheel :) came like this from the dealer [album]238[/album]
Thank you ma lady..looks like a space saver wheel/tyre, i presume the 50 indicates your not supposed to run over 50mph(uk) when its fitted...As i said before i was lead to believe there was no spare with the a1...

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Spare wheel is an optional (dealer supplied) extra on cars with 16 in or 18 in wheels - for some reason there isn't one for the cars with 17 in wheels.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Ahhh, this is wrong re wheel. What counts here is the rolling radius, so a 16" wheel will be the same as an 18" and thus a 17" too.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts