Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to make us 122bhp owners feel a little better,Patrick Fuller wrote an article in Autocar 6/7/11,saying,It was convincing to him ,that the 122 was a more involving car to drive than the 185,probably due to the 185 gearbox,or maybe the extra power exposing the ultimate lack of handling finesse,and the 185 would be a much better car with the manual box,Any thoughts? :eek:

·
Registered
445 Posts
I think the sport/sline models should have been available with the 150bhp version that goes in the Ibiza FR with a manual box and not bothered with the 185 auto.The higher powered version coming later as a 4x4 S1.

·
Registered
354 Posts
When you buy the 185 make sure you get the flappy paddles.
Not having read the article its hard to say. But I have driven the 122 version and I can see that for a fun drive that engine with a manual box would be fit the bill.

But for real smiley face driving the 185 adds tomething extra with its acceleration, although I have noticed the understear and putting my foot down for hard acceleration the little traction control light does a merry flash

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.