Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Does anyone have the Audi fitted privacy glass?

Is it actually a tint film fitted at the factory, or is the glass a darker tint? I am thinking about adding this to my order or getting tints done after.

Cheers! :cool:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
My god...i was honestly going to do this thread earlier, but i done a search instead because I know everyone hates a repeat lol

Audi's price seems really steep for tinted glass, i know its an audi but surely there privacy glass deserves to be double the price of many manufacturers?

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha ;)

So is the glass a darker glass? Or is it a film tint?

I wonder if the dealer has the tints done by a local guy when the car arrives?

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha, so tinted... No film?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mojito let me know if you get any quotes for pricing of aftermarket tints as it's something I'm thinking of doing once I've got mine !

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Me too...just dont want to pay 400 for privacy

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A local guy does it for £150. I do have a big roll of LLumar medium tint in the loft, but i think i will leave it to the pro's ;)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Only reason I'd pay for factory glass is when you apply tints via film they have to go on top if the heated screen and unless done really well you can sometimes tell with a few ripples.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I was quoted "unseen from £95.00" as the A1 is new , using Madico film. This guy bakes the film onto all removable windows.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NTT said:
I was quoted "unseen from £95.00" as the A1 is new , using Madico film. This guy bakes the film onto all removable windows.
Sounds interesting... Let us know if you go for it :)

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Whilst we are here, i have heard that there is a special legal tint film for front side windows... It looks tinted from outside, but lets in light so it passes the light sensor test.

Has anyone heard or know about this?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sounds like you need all round privacy there Mojito! What you planning on getting up to in your new A1? Lol 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bongo74 said:
Sounds like you need all round privacy there Mojito! What you planning on getting up to in your new A1? Lol
Haha, wouldn't you like to know!

Actually, you could help me test how private the tint actually is! ;)

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That was a bit rude of me actually, sorry Ali :oops:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hahaha no need to apologise Mojito, all in good jest! ...I could only expect a rude reply from my comment anyway! P.s I'll apologise for going off topic before the forum police are out to get me lol 

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Nee nor nee nor 

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bongo74 said:
Hahaha no need to apologise Mojito, all in good jest! ...I could only expect a rude reply from my comment anyway! P.s I'll apologise for going off topic before the forum police are out to get me lol 

Haha, you don't have to apologise... It's my topic! :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Did anyone find out if the Audi tint is a film?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts