Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering your thoughts on either of these...

Privacy Glass is darker dyed factory glass and top quality, but is £395

Aftermarket quality tints are £130
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Privacy glass Mojito,yeah its more expensive but you aint going to get bubbles and its PROPER glass too and will last.The cheapest tints ive seen vary from £80-£100 Per window,so £395 for the realthing is good.Ive got the Amalfi white and the privacy glass sets it off a treat not to mention keeping it cooler,thats my thoughts anyway lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Id prefer privacy glass, but then if you can get top quality tints i dont think you would be able to tell the difference.

I had tints on my last car and they looked good couldnt tell the difference. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers, just trying to decide what to go for if i do re-order... I have had a quote for £130 and he is supposed to be a great tinter.

Would save £265 off the order cost!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Mojito said:
Cheers, just trying to decide what to go for if i do re-order... I have had a quote for £130 and he is supposed to be a great tinter.

Would save £265 off the order cost!
Re-Order :O As if your already thinking about that! :lol:

Is he a local tinter? If so i might be interested...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
I've had tinted windows in all my cars but it's all factory. I've heard some bad things about aftermarket tints....me? I'd spend the money and get the real deal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Dale,there is a chap in Mildenhall ,company is called DETAILZ,have heard only good things about his work,he is American and only uses high quality US materials,he quoted me £140 for back,rear side,and lighter door windows. :cool:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dale said:
Mojito said:
Cheers, just trying to decide what to go for if i do re-order... I have had a quote for £130 and he is supposed to be a great tinter.

Would save £265 off the order cost!
Re-Order :O As if your already thinking about that! :lol:

Is he a local tinter? If so i might be interested...
Maybe a 2.0 TDI... Depending on UK price.

There is a guy here in Peterborough, not far from you that tints for Audi and is a Euro tinting champ! £130. You can then have some A1 VCDS done while your down my end :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
I didn't have a contrast line partly because i couldn't choose a colour I wanted but also because it would be permanent,on the other hand I could wrap it in whatever colour I wanted and remove it at sale time.

I reckon the same thing applies to the tints, if you have privacy glass from the factory, it aint ever coming off and may affect the ease with which you get rid of it at resale time, have tints and you could take them off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
triplefan said:
I didn't have a contrast line partly because i couldn't choose a colour I wanted but also because it would be permanent,on the other hand I could wrap it in whatever colour I wanted and remove it at sale time.

I reckon the same thing applies to the tints, if you have privacy glass from the factory, it aint ever coming off and may affect the ease with which you get rid of it at resale time, have tints and you could take them off.
Daytona Grey looks much better without the contrast line anyway :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
Thanks :D

Tell SWMBO, she wanted red with contrast, I wouldn't have it unless the contrast was black, reckons the Daytona on it's own is too sombre :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
kalibre46 said:
Thinking of tint's for my scuba blue with silver contrast, think it'd look nice with the 18"s but still undecided. Don't want it bubbling in 18 months time and looking cheap as s^^t.
Quality tints won't bubble.

I put tints on my last car myself and they didn't bubble after 2 1/2 years.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You should be fine as long as you source a good tinter and they use quality film.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
NTT said:
[

That's correct, professionally tinted glassby an expert and under controlled conditions will not bubble,
that's what I will have done.
LWF in Stoke who do tints for the local Audi garage have quoted me £160 & Vat (Dark Smoke from B pillar back) and with a guarantee. They use controlled conditions, removing the glass etc.

quote :
depend on what quality of film was used and how good the installation was.

a poor quality film will have poor adhesion, will not be U.V. stable and will not have a anti-scratch resistant coating to the inside. the result will be peeling/bubbling or cracking of the film under the strenght of the sun. the film will loose its colour and go blotchy plus from inside you will see all the scratch marks.

the film that we use is of the highest standard worldwide, combined with our expertise and professional installation, we can offer a lifetime warranty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Check out http://www.eurotint.co.uk/
they have a simulator with an A3 on it.
It really does depend on your cars colour - I personally think the black privacy glass on a black A1 makes it look like a van when its not spotlessly clean - Audi Essex had a example, they also had a Red Sport with contrast line with green tints and that looked the biz.
Carrie.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
carrie.f said:
I personally think the black privacy glass on a black A1 makes it look like a van when its not spotlessly clean - Audi Essex had a example, they also had a Red Sport with contrast line with green tints and that looked the biz.
Carrie.
That's true, hence the reason why I opted for the Ice Silver contrast. Looks very nice. Bexley Audi have one on display.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
sorry to go off topic, but what have Audi said about you cancelling your Audi seeing as though your car is sat at Audi waiting for the 1st September.

From reading all the t&c's on the rear of the order form it seems that if you cancel at that stage then you'll have to pay the difference between what you paid for the car and what Audi actually sell it for.

I'm in the same situation as you, sort of, I'd much prefer a 2.0 TDi over my 1.6 TDi which is currently on order but I don't have a build date for it yet. I can't really make a decision on what I'm going to do until Audi UK officially launch the car and set a list price for it.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top