Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people,

I couldn't find any information regarding the cost Audi's individual paint for the A1. Would anyone know about this?

I love Cassis Red and there's a purple colour I've seen on an RS5 in Aberdeen and it looks just absolutely fantastic!

Any help is greatly appreciated :D

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Go for Suzuka Grey Pearl :p

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You certainly like your whites! :p
I was looking at the purple velvet but it's a little TOO purple....the one I like is a little darker and more evil looking!

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Deep Gloss Shiraz, with flake that pops like a mofo? :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now that's more like it!
It's also verified that I personally don't like it with the silver contrast roof rails!

I read on another post that Audi don't do the Exclusive paint on the A1? :( I'm saddddddd.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
I would go all Shiraz and no roof line! The more shine the better! ;) Oh and 18's ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SO ADAMANT ABOUT THESE 18S!
That good? You're giving me a complex here...

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Haha, if you are going for a 185... Then it's got to be 18's for sure! :lol:

Seriously the 17's dont fill the arches well on the S-Line!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Definately the 185! Aberdeen Audi love to spec their cars properly.....not. I'll have to go in again and see if I can look and find one with 18s. This whole thing is just expensive :p

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Are you buying a factory order then?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I am, i'm ordering it the middle of this month when I finally decide.... :D

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Cool, plenty of time to decide then ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well you say that! Doesn't feel like a long way away....mind you, not as long as the wait for the bloody car itself! I've got to see if I can chum up the salesman about the p.d.I. I don't want the guys to prepare my car at Audi, i've seen the showroom cars, they're awful for scratches.
What I ideally want is for them to remove the wrapping (shouldn't muck it up too much) and do their pdi. Then I want one of my guys to come in and prep and protect the car for me.
We'll have to wait and see! :p

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Well my A1 is waiting in the dealers yard and it may just stay there if the 2.0 TDI is now available for order, he is going to kill me! :(

When i went to take a look at it, i asked them not to wash it and he said they have too! :(

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is there a 2.0 tdi available to order now? Never knew that!
So is this your second A1?
I'm just very, very anal about paintwork and i wouldn't be willing to accept it without it being near-perfect!
I think that i've got an upper hand as well as my father is corporate sales manager of audi, bmw and so on in Aberdeen. Ask him nicely see if he can do something!
Plus I hope that having my own valeting business, we're all fully insured to work on any premise so I'm sure if I had just one guy pottering away at my car in the background, fingers crossed it wouldn't be too much of a problem! :p

Of course I say this now....I couldn't even get free mudflaps out the bugger. Damn right i'm trying again! :D

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
I currently have an Amalfi TDI S-LIne and ordered the Glacier in April.

It is sitting in their storage yard.

I hear you on the paintwork, im a detailing world member... And i am sweating thinking about them washing the car with gritty sponges! :eek:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Makes your arse go like a rabbits nose! AAAAH, scratching up that paintwork nicely.

Excellent, sounds good. Glacier white is a real eye-catcher.
Can't go wrong with detailing world. There's always fantastic information for people who aren't professional but want to be able to clean their cars properly!
It's nice to see a growing interest for cleaning cars well.

When you taking delivery...September?

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Yes, September delivery!

I still have all my Detailing kit, from when i paint corrected my Audi A2! I have only washed my A1 once since new though, haha :lol:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:p Well, tbh, my car is sitting outside. Once upon a time it was white...now? A more brown colour! :p

I can never be bothered....good company advertising! :D

Audi A2 yeah? Sounds like you're an avid Audi fan! This is my first time with the brand. I've driven an S5 V6 TFSI and V8 and they were fantastic! Not really within my price range tbh... :(

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
I can only afford an A1 :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts