Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Collecting my A1 1.4 TFSI Sport on the 20th Nov.

Been offered Gap insurance as part of the dealers 'Platinum Package' (which includes 'Smart Repair' and 'Lifeshine' paint protection also).

Not really interested in the other two but....Is Gap Insurance worth it?

If so, am I better off buying it independently? It seems much cheaper buying it this way but is Audi cover better?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I thought the Audi GAP insurance was overpriced.

I was thinking about using one of the online GAP insurers. However, I have read through the policy of the comprehensive insurance that I am taking out (with Sheila's wheels) and if you buy a car from new and you are its first an only registered owner, they will replace it with new (not market value) if you have a total loss in the first year anyway.

Obviously, it may depend on how you are financing the car and you may need GAP insurance if you are taking out a PCP, but if not, you might find that GAP insurance is not completely necessary.

Also, the online GAP insurance seems to be available for quite a few months after your purchase, so even if you don't take it out immediately, you have a while to still take up the option. (Which is good if your pocket is somewhat empty at the time of collecting your car).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry for being a bit dim here, but what does GAP insurance stand for? and what are the differences between that and a normal insurance policy?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I got a great deal on mine. Supposed to be £395 but got it for £245 (£150 off), full tank of fuel and a key fob :D if you ask to get money off im sure they will!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Was quoted 495 today by audi for gap insurance , got to sort out paperwork on the gap insurance im paying at the mo on my car ( which still got 6 plus months of paying for 3 yr cover ) was told ? i might not be able to transfer it ? so can i cancel it? if cant trandfer it? im not keen to be paying money out on something that i lose out on if sell the car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.