Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone using audi finance for their a1s? my last car was financed through capital bank(now black horse) & i had a really competitive rate, i've not signed for it yet but my dealer was organising finance through audi, he hasn't been forthcoming & told me the actual apr, although i have asked!! I financed 16k towards my a3 & was paying back 18k, i haven't seen it in writing yet but i have calculated that i'm going to end up paying 15k back on 11k, only just sat down & thought about this...not signed yet & won't be!! he told me there wasn't much difference that's why he put it to audi, i'm guessing they get a gold star using audi!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi

I received two pricing plans from Audi, one for HP - APR = 10% and one for a PCP - APR = 9.7%. The PCP looked attractive at first glance because the monthly payments were modest, but then there was that big sum still owing at the end! The HP monthly payments were higher - no final lump to pay off, but I thought there were much better deals on the high street.

I went for a Tesco Personal Loan which is 7.7% APR and I could choose the term to suit me (choosing 42 months). I also put some of it on my Barclaycard which is at 6.9% APR - with the hopes of paying off this chunk in the very near future, thus reducing my long term commitment. However, if things get tough I have the option of letting the credit card debt run longer if necessary. (My dealership would allow up to £2k on a credit card, but I don't know if others are different).

·
Registered
208 Posts
I agree that Audi Finance won't offer less than 9.7% APR and that arranging your own finance by independent means will save you hundreds of pounds. The difference in total amount payable is scary when you do the maths. I'm putting a £3,000 deposit on a visa for no charge.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Audi finance in Ireland is 6.7% that's what I'm going with.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Maybe with all the economic woes in Ireland Audi are having to offer good finance rates? How does the price compare when converted from Euros to Uk sterling?

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's the VW bank so it may have to do with euro their Apr. It's hard to say as we have VRT to add on as well. I have ordered the TDI sport and its 23k euro so that's 19k sterling with my converter. Cars have always been more expensive here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am not using a Audi finance but i am using a BMW finance. But i think you shouldn't sign yet because you should shop to your nearest bank or you can also go for a bank or a credit union where you have a active account.

best car loans | Car Finance

·
Registered
44 Posts
I emailed Audi uk and had a right moan at them, I traded in a 1.6 tdi for the 2.0 tdi and as a sweetner Audi uk sorted out the pcp deal at 5% .... I was more than happy then :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
The quote I had (unasked for) was 7.9% apr. I have a flexible mortgage account so can borrow at 3.9% so this is the best option for me.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Mine is at 6%, was fairly happy with it when all the loans at the time were at least 8%

1 - 13 of 13 Posts