Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my new A1 in November 2014. In December 2015, the power steering failed, it completely froze while driving and I struggled to turn the wheel to move it to a carpark. I switched the ignition off and on and the steering was okay.
I took it back to my Audi garage, who said that it was an extremely rare electrical fault and a new component was ordered from Germany and fitted.

I thought that all steering problems had been fixed, until last month when once again, my power steering locked while driving along a winding country road, fortunately I was able to pull in to a layby, switched the ignition off and on again and it restarted.

Audi have now had my car for two weeks and have still not determined the fault. Needless to say I now have little confidence in my new car, on both occasions I could have caused an accident.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased my new A1 in November 2014. In December 2015, the power steering failed, it completely froze while driving and I struggled to turn the wheel to move it to a carpark. I switched the ignition off and on and the steering was okay.
I took it back to my Audi garage, who said that it was an extremely rare electrical fault and a new component was ordered from Germany and fitted.

I thought that all steering problems had been fixed, until last month when once again, my power steering locked while driving along a winding country road, fortunately I was able to pull in to a layby, switched the ignition off and on again and it restarted.

Audi have now had my car for two weeks and have still not determined the fault. Needless to say I now have little confidence in my new car, on both occasions I could have caused an accident.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem?
my Daughter has the same fault had an engineer look at it and they said fault was steering pump terminal 30 circuit high ??
and suggested we take it to an engineering company to be looked at !
wonder if i contact Audi to make sure no recall on all A1 1.4 cars ??
paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts