·
Premium Member
873 Posts
I think someone should buy it and put it online :p

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My wife just purrrrr - chased it for me. I'll let you the skinny after it arrives. ;) At the end of the day, if it's no good, it was only £10.98. That's not as bad as a swift kick in the nuts. :lol:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I also just bought one -- being completely a non-mechanical type, even changing a bulb will be a *MAJOR* challenge for me! :? - so once it comes, if there's a way to 'share' it - I'm more than happy to do so ....
(or ship a copy to someone who can ;) )

·
Registered
165 Posts
I purchased various copies of ELSAWIN over the years and it's an excellent source of information. It is prepared by Audi and is the manual issued to Audi dealers.

Also available on eBay is the Audi Parts Catalogue EKTA. This again is the same one used by dealers and sometimes it's offered free with the purchase of a copy of ELSWIN. ETKA can be kept up to date using a US website www.mytouareg.info. If anyone needs any help with this updating process, just let me know as I've been doing it successfully for a number of years.

G

·
h5djr said:
I purchased various copies of ELSAWIN over the years and it's an excellent source of information. It is prepared by Audi and is the manual issued to Audi dealers.

Also available on eBay is the Audi Parts Catalogue EKTA. This again is the same one used by dealers and sometimes it's offered free with the purchase of a copy of ELSWIN. ETKA can be kept up to date using a US website http://www.mytouareg.info. If anyone needs any help with this updating process, just let me know as I've been doing it successfully for a number of years.
Excellent! I'll have to invest in this as I like upgrading the car myself.....mmm. :)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
h5djr said:

Also available on eBay is the Audi Parts Catalogue EKTA. This again is the same one used by dealers and sometimes it's offered free with the purchase of a copy of ELSWIN. ETKA can be kept up to date using a US website http://www.mytouareg.info. If anyone needs any help with this updating process, just let me know as I've been doing it successfully for a number of years.
You get the big

Thanks!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Has anyone managed to get this on-line or would they be able to post larger pics up of the brake assembly section?

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am happy to post the pages but will need a little more information from you as there are two sizes of brakes shown. These are given PR codes of 1ZG for 288x25mm and 1ZC for 256x22mm.

If you not sure of the size of your particular brakes then have a look at the coding sticker inside the Service Book or inside the Luggage Area. This sticker will have your VIN number as the top line followed by several lines of information. Toward the bottom is a block of 3-digit codes and in there should be either 1ZG or 1ZC. This should tell you which brakes you have (at least at the front which is I assume what you are interested in).

Let me know that code an I will upload the pages as PDFs to my internet area for you to access.

·
Registered
76 Posts
unfortunately I don't get the car until October (hopefully) although looking at upgrades already haha :D

i was wondering if it showed the distance between the mounting holes on the callipers for either model?

Thanks
Mark :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Unfortunately it will not show that type of information. It shows standard Audi parts and how to disassemble and re-assemble them as would be required by Audi technicians.

·
Registered
76 Posts
ahhh ok no worries thanks for looking anyway.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just installed the Elsawin v3.90 manual onto my laptop. Looks good, but what an absolute pain in the ass getting the program loaded. I followed the instructions to the letter, with no luck. Then, I realized the instructions became vauge towards the end of the of the installation process. It kept coming up in German. In UK English now, so it's all good now.

Does anyone out there have a heated steering wheel on their A1? The Elsawin shows a heated steering wheel section. Holy crap, talk about making money off crazy options. "Oh no, my hands are too cold, I wish my steering wheel was heated". :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
99 Posts
taconite2 said:
I think someone should buy it and put it online :p
it's already available online (it's a little over 10gb), not that i'd EVER condone piracy!!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
BigDeuce451 said:
Does anyone out there have a heated steering wheel on their A1? The Elsawin shows a heated steering wheel section. Holy crap, talk about making money off crazy options. "Oh no, my hands are too cold, I wish my steering wheel was heated". :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/b] [/color] [/size]
Perhaps if you lived in somewhere like Norway or Sweden where temperature gets very very cold in the winter you would appreciate a heater steering wheel. It is in countries like these where it is offered as an option.

My wife suffers from a illness where her finger turn white and go very stiff when they get cold and she has always said her ideal option would be a heated steering wheel.

·
Registered
165 Posts
h5djr said:
BigDeuce451 said:
Does anyone out there have a heated steering wheel on their A1? The Elsawin shows a heated steering wheel section. Holy crap, talk about making money off crazy options. "Oh no, my hands are too cold, I wish my steering wheel was heated". :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/b] [/color] [/size]
Perhaps if you lived in somewhere like Norway or Sweden where temperature gets very very cold in the winter you would appreciate a heater steering wheel. It is in countries like these where it is offered as an option.

My wife suffers from a illness where her finger turn white and go very stiff when they get cold and she has always said her ideal option would be a heated steering wheel.
I've just had a look at my copy of both Elsawin and ETKA and cannot see any mention of a heated steering wheel - perhaps you could quote the section numbers in either program so I can have a look as I would be interested in getting one for the new A1 my wife has on order.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My wife has a similar condition with her hands too. She just wears gloves. We lived in Fairbanks, Alaska for 4 years........... Minus 50C / Minus 58F (Ambient, no wind chill). :shock:

Throw a cup of coffee in the air at those temperatures and it turns into a vapor mist. :eek:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm currently loading the ElsaWin program onto my persoanl laptop. I'll send the section quote later today if I can.

·
Registered
165 Posts
BigDeuce451 said:
My wife has a similar condition with her hands too. She just wears gloves. We lived in Fairbanks, Alaska for 4 years........... Minus 50C / Minus 58F (Ambient, no wind chill). :shock:

Throw a cup of coffee in the air at those temperatures and it turns into a vapor mist. :eek:
My wife always wears gloves and even puts them on 5-10 minutes before she leaves the house or office to help to keep the heat in but her fingers still go white and get very painful.

I agree that the loading process for Elsawin is a bit pain but I've done it so many times now that it has become much more straight forward, but it still takes some time. Did you get a copy of ETKA at the same time? I know several times I've been given a free copy when I've upgraded to the latest version of Elsawin. I purchased my first copy of Elsawin shortly after I purchased my first A3 back in 1998.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts