Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just to clarify I'm not from the UK but I own an Audi A1 Sportback made back in 2014. I bought this car as a certified used and after a couple of days I realized the demist was not working. It just blew air from the passenger side vents instead from the upper front vent. I started testing the AC system and this is what I've found:

• When selecting demist or manually selecting the flap position to "upper" there is no hot/cold air blown from the windshield vent.
  • A/C works ok, all 4 front vents work OK.
  • Temperature regulator works OK, when selecting "AUTO" the A/C responds to the temperature you select. Tested by setting a very low temperature, cold air is blown, then setting a high temperature, hot air is blown.

I took it to my local dealership and they said that there was a flap motor and temp regulator motor fault. Also that the battery had low voltaje. To replace the flap motor they said it's a 16hs job because they have to take out the whole dash. I'm not concerned of how much is going to cost me but more about the fact they have to tear down the car just to replace a simple motor.

Is there any easier way of doing this job without having to remove the dash? Also why the computer is telling that the Temp regulator motor is not working when I have climate control working correctly?

I know this is a common problem but any input would help.

Part numbers are:

6R0-907-511-C for the Temp Regulator Valve motor
6R0-907-511-D for the Demister Flap Motor

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2014 A1 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Contrast Line +
83 Posts
Welcome.
"Certified used" would mean in the UK that it came with some form of decent warranty and the place you bought the car from should fix the problem for you at no cost.
The A1 dash is apparently one of the easiest to remove and re-fit of any car on sale in Europe, there are a few vidoes on places such as YouTube to show you, and it should be possible to remove and re-fit it in under a working day (just like a local bodyshop did with my daughter's A1 a few weeks ago......)
I take it that your car has "climate control" not just the basic air conditioning? Have you tried charging or replacing the battery and seeing if full voltage restores the functioning of the heating/demisting?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome.
"Certified used" would mean in the UK that it came with some form of decent warranty and the place you bought the car from should fix the problem for you at no cost.
The A1 dash is apparently one of the easiest to remove and re-fit of any car on sale in Europe, there are a few vidoes on places such as YouTube to show you, and it should be possible to remove and re-fit it in under a working day (just like a local bodyshop did with my daughter's A1 a few weeks ago......)
I take it that your car has "climate control" not just the basic air conditioning? Have you tried charging or replacing the battery and seeing if full voltage restores the functioning of the heating/demisting?
Hey!,

Yes I'm talking with the service that sold me the car. They say the warranty only covers the engine and drivetrain but it looks like they are going to make an exception because the failure was detected by the ECU before the purchase date (and they didn't report this failure to me before the purchase). They don't understand how this happened because they scan the car as part of their certification process and they didn't detect any warnings or issues with the car, but fortunately they told me to send it to a local Audi dealership and they will do a rescan and quote the repair. Seems that they are going to take full responsibility.

Idk if it's possible but they might've been played by an owner that cleared the codes before the certification so you wouldn't detect these issues if you don't cycle throughout all the functions of the car before doing a rescan. Or maybe the car was not started after months at the dealership and the low voltage caused the failure. I wonder if the ECU after detecting this failures shuts off any electric current to the offending module/servo and just with a new battery and clearing the codes everything is solved... Who knows.

Anyway hope the certification company do the right thing and cover everything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts