Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I am planning to buy AUDI A1 DIESEL HATCHBACK 1.6 TDI Sport 3dr for my daily motorway trip atleast 120 miles per day. Can you please anyone let me know how A1 @ motorways. If you have any positive/negative feeling, pls post

Thanks
Venkat

·
Registered
284 Posts
If you get the sport with sports suspension those miles will seem short because of all the fun you will be having!

·
Registered
195 Posts
You'll love the TDI - espescially if you are the one paying to fill it up.
My best tank was 66mpg - mainly motorway and late nights.
Even on my normal commute, I'm getting high 50's (into London half of it motorway)

You will not be quick from the lights - but in second / third gear it can still be fun. AND I still get 50mpg :cool:
Carrie

·
Registered
45 Posts
Agree with everyone else, not quick from a standstill, but a fair bit of torque through 2nd and 3rd and it cruises nicely on the motorway. I do about 100 miles a day in it all motorway and I'm not tired after the drive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi All,

Finally my A1 received yesterday, quite good in few drives, good control, but facing two problems

1. Feeling more vibration when my foot while toucing clutch.
2. Bit finding hard drive due to sport suspension, I expected some but not this like, as I was driving almost 150 miles in two days. It may be difficult for me to continue with Sports Suspension. I need to drive for some more days. But any idea how much costs it will take to change to Dynamic Suspension.

Appreciate if any of you could respond based on your experience.

Thanks
Venkat

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Ive got 18s on a s line...dont know what everyone moans about!!! How about you miss the pot holes?!?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its bad on the bumpy roads in stafford and inside city. Good on Motor ways. So have to drive for more days and let see else need to decide change from sports suspension to dynamic. I am not sure about the cost but need some indication from the previous experience ppl.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts