Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, really need some advice on media in the A1 and what you have done.

Just bought an A1 with the 3G basic for my daughter. She is learning to drive and will eventually/hopefully pass her test.

I want to have the least distractions in the cabin as possible when driving, so would like some ideas on what people have done with the same MMI and Apple CarPlay.

Has anyone upgraded their MMI to a newer system and if so, do you have any recommendations? I have a 2018 Golf GTI and a 2021 A4 Black Edition both with good media for the driver and people in the car, so would like something similar in the A1.

Sorry if this has been posted before on the same MMI 3G basic or a similar setup, just looking around and it’s either some crazy costs OR a poor alternative.

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
2014 A1 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Contrast Line +
74 Posts
If you want the least distraction, pull the fuse for the MMI.

When I passed my test I drove in my first car for some months before I fitted a radio.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you want the least distraction, pull the fuse for the MMI.

When I passed my test I drove in my first car for some months before I fitted a radio.
Thanks I think, but then that puts more emphasis on her mobile for either calls/music or sat nav, while enjoying her new freedom.
So while it sounds like a great idea, I think it will have adverse effect.

·
Super Moderator
2014 A1 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Contrast Line +
74 Posts
I thought it wouldn't be the answer you were looking for. Do you mean that the car has 3G, ie there is a slot for a SIM card in the MMI unit in the dash, or you want to use the phone for 3G? There are a selection of cables you can get to plug into a connector in the glove box in order to connect a phone direct to the car. When my daughter bought her A1 used, the salesman had a spare one to fit an Apple phone which he gave her, but we never managed to get her phone to do anything when connected this way. Bluetooth gives access to music stored on the phone and phone contacts...... but these days, that is pretty basic. When the car comes back from the bodyshop this coming week I need to check to see if the cable is still there - although I don't know if my daughter may have removed it beforehand, although there's no sign of it in the pile of stuff she took out from the car after the crash

1 - 4 of 4 Posts