Audi A1 Forum banner

Will you be changing to the 185PS engine?

• Yes, I 100% want 185PS

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • No, Ill take the 122PS

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Ill wait for the S1/RS1

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Announced too late to make a change to my order

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 6 10.5%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The A1 185PS is now available to order in Germany.

It is only available in S Tronic

The S Line 122PS S Tronic in Germany is 22.960,00 Euro
The S Line 185PS is 25.120,00 Euro

Thats an uplift of 2.160 Euro. Not too bad, but still brings the car into VW GTi territory.

What the price will be in the UK is anyones bet, but Ill hanker a guess at 1500 UKP more over the 122 version

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm coming round to thinking of ordering the 185 - only problem is I don't want to go to the back of the queue - I don't mind going back another 2-3 weeks or so - but I would hate to go back another 3-4 months into summer time.

Still nothing on the UK website - i.e. no November brochure available - I guess it will be a december one now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i ordered my A1 S-Line in November does anyone know how much extra it will cost to upgrade to the 185ps,
and if it will effect the build date which i have right now,
i have not seen this engine upgrade on the latest A1 brochure 2.0 which i picked up recently

·
Registered
8 Posts
i contacted my dealer today there is no 185ps engine available,
so im not sure if this option is coming to uk?
but its defo not available as of now

·
Registered
1 Posts
My local dealer has confirmed the UK price to be £2040 more than for the lower power engine option, which is a little more than I was expecting. My spec car will be over £26k, possibly nearly £27k if I can now order the full leather interior too.

Not sure whether I'll be ordering now at this price or waiting for a"61" plate.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yes, mine would have been just over £31K if my sales droid hadnt disappeared for 2+ week and audi uk had got their fingers out. Its £26.5K at present before £500 or so for the VAT rise is added - should be here mid feb.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i spoke with my dealer about this option,
he said if i changed to it now i could be waiting almost a year to get my car
quite frankly id rather take my 122ps and then in 2-yrs trade it back in for an upgrade
and just enjoy the car ive already purchased im sure it will be a great motor even with the smaller engine over the 185
:)

·
Registered
921 Posts
Prices are in the January brochure - posted yesterday!

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
had our order confirmes today,delivery early April Whoopeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Jae said:
The A1 185PS is now available to order in Germany.

It is only available in S Tronic

The S Line 122PS S Tronic in Germany is 22.960,00 Euro
The S Line 185PS is 25.120,00 Euro

Thats an uplift of 2.160 Euro. Not too bad, but still brings the car into VW GTi territory.

What the price will be in the UK is anyones bet, but Ill hanker a guess at 1500 UKP more over the 122 version
It was just anounced that it is also available in The Netherlands for 29.400,00 EUR.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,

I'm living in Switzerland near Geneva, and just signed for an A1 Sport 185 PS. Curiosly, price of an quite well equiped 185ps is cheaper than a 122ps with same stuff...
Strange price politic of Audi Swiss. Interesting also, they give you 10% of the basic vehicule price in options :) !

Then, you have a full SLIne A1 with sport seats leather/tissu, climate auto, Daytona grey, arches light grey, hot seats, 17" wheels Quattro GMBH, MMI, 5 years full Warranty and services, etc... for lesss than 40'000 CHF.
Not too bad compare with her sister Polo GTI.

The vehicule will arrive beginning of April. Just for the nice weather.

The garage just received one and I made a ,very, short running with. First, you can forgot the 122PS. Second, thank's to ESP, because with 185PS, you have a lot to do to stay in a right line. The car was winter tires equipped, then it's also an explication for the bad grip.
Maybe is not "kart" as a Mini CopperS, but very funny on a little road. The engine sound is a little bit more present and also more sport.
I'm waiting mine now...

Cheers.

PS: Sorry for my english, I'm french part of Switzerland :) !

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the choice at the time of ordering and still went for the 122 version. Had budgeted for the 122 version with virtually most of the extras. Nearly fell off my seat when the salesman( who seemed to know less about the car than me) quoted for the 180 version. Almost, went to a Mini Dealer to see what they could give me for that. Fortunately, all sorted out ( still came at £25,500.....

I drive around London and the extra power would be wasted anyway, so happy with my choice. :D :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.