Audi A1 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Is that a dry fit with or without the mounting bracket?

How did it go with releasing the centre trim and getting the bracket underneath?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Thats exactly what im thinking, look forward to hearing and seeing the results
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
triplefan said:
Is that a dry fit with or without the mounting bracket?

How did it go with releasing the centre trim and getting the bracket underneath?
the dry fit didnt have the mounting bracket underneath but thanks to you ill have a bash 2 morrow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
When I picked up the loan car today (leaving ours for a paint repair) I noticed it had an armrest, and it also happened to be the "leatherette" finish, which I would have to say didn't look half bad, but still have this obsession with including grey stitching onto the pad to match the seats, so it's defo off to the trimmers to get it done ;)

That decision made I rushed back into the parts dept to pick up the bits, hoping the part on back order from Germany wasn't the cloth pad....................well guess what, it is
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
triplefan said:
When I picked up the loan car today (leaving ours for a paint repair) I noticed it had an armrest, and it also happened to be the "leatherette" finish, which I would have to say didn't look half bad, but still have this obsession with including grey stitching onto the pad to match the seats, so it's defo off to the trimmers to get it done ;)

That decision made I rushed back into the parts dept to pick up the bits, hoping the part on back order from Germany wasn't the cloth pad....................well guess what, it is
errrrrr let me guess

the cloth pad? :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Triplefan have you got all you parts for your armrest yet? And have you managed to fit it yet?

Regards
Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
in my case ive not been able to fit mine as i said i would am back on 12 hour shifts and dont have the time yet thanks to triplefan he manged to get drawings of how and where to take things off
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
crosbydavid91 said:
Triplefan have you got all you parts for your armrest yet? And have you managed to fit it yet?

Regards
Dave
Unfortunately the list of missing parts is only diminishing, not shrunk completely..........

Don't know exactly what is missing yet, but I reckon it's gonna be a close race between me and Father Ted :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
I am interested now there is a race on. Will the winner be judged on first to post completed installation pics?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
bob_s said:
I am interested now there is a race on. Will the winner be judged on first to post completed installation pics?
haha I think so, I been waiting for weeks for the finished outcome, should be good to see the finished result!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
FT is on the home straight, even when my parts are all here the pad still needs to go to the trimmers, unless we have a serious tortoise and hare situation
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
ok all fitted now took less that 10 mins where triplefan put blocks under his i just left it in the sun and lifted it up took all of 20 secs to get it in,











what i did was as triplefan said left car in the sun for a few hours ,and i lifted where i have marked (you dont need to be super human to lift it just enough to slip the bracket under ) you also mite take care while your putting the screws into the bracket i have large hands and its tight for me :lol:just in case you lose screws down the carpet :lol: anyway jobs a good un took me longer to get the tools together than it did to do job ,big thanks to triplefan ,nice one mate
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Where do you purchase the armrest from??

i have a 1.4 tfsi s-line that was already built with everything but no armrest - very annoying..

Thanks if anyone can help

Jack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Jack,

Triplefan has listed the parts required and priing earlier on the thread and available to order through Audi dealerships, I too will be ordering one shortly now I know whats involved thanks to Triplefan and Father Ted.

Phil
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Thanks Again for this triplefan and fatherted
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
if any one is unsure on how to fit it and the live near me am happy to come and show you howto or assist in any way
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
father ted said:
if any one is unsure on how to fit it and the live near me am happy to come and show you howto
Where abouts are you? Because it says you will have to kill me! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
wow very impressive guys... although this does make me glad that i opted for the armrest as standard hehe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
crosbydavid91 said:
father ted said:
if any one is unsure on how to fit it and the live near me am happy to come and show you howto
Where abouts are you? Because it says you will have to kill me! :lol:
because its you i only kill you a little :lol: am in scotland by the way
 
61 - 80 of 89 Posts
Top