41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
triplefan said:
father ted said:
did you go ahead with this
Parts should be here next Thursday

All parts are from the dealer, will post up the price when I have recovered from the shock

ETKA info
Model: A1
Year: 2011
MG: 8
SG: 63
Illustration: 863-60
how did you get on with this m8?did it come ?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Some parts are still on back order, unfortunately one of them is the pad, then it's probably off to the trimmers to get the pad covered in leather.

Likely to be a couple of weeks yet, rest assured I will post up when it's done.

·
Registered
574 Posts
ok i got my aqrmrest today am 80% sure how it all goes together the only bit am unsure of is the mounting bracket? now do i try to take out the centre console?or do i cut the panel at the rear of handbrake by the way it cost £182

·
Registered
23 Posts
Was quoted £440 to fit one whilst i was at the dealer yesterday! 1.5 hrs labour! I do really want one though but cannot justify the cost and am sure I would c**k it up if i tried to do it myself.

·
Registered
574 Posts
ive nearly got it figured out ill do a write up with pictures if i can find time to do it other thing does some one have access to ETKA? there is a seal but not sure where it goes if someone can check for me it would help

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
father ted said:
or do i cut the panel at the rear of handbrake
I've not got mine yet, but it looked to me as if there was no cutting involved

father ted said:
there is a seal but not sure where it goes if someone can check for me it would help
Fit the side and the rear trims, it then clips around with the open section to the back, and clips onto the rear cover, before you insert the armrest assembly into the cubby hole.

I will scan and post a pic tomorrow.

·
Registered
574 Posts
what ill do is up pictures of parts i got as well

·
Registered
179 Posts
This is great news, could you please post a list of the parts you have used here also, as I would also like to fit one of these in my car.

Many Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
574 Posts

as you can see this is what was sent to me

as you can see the seal i was talking about

only problem is how do i get this

into this hole ?

·
Registered
84 Posts
father ted said:

as you can see this is what was sent to me

as you can see the seal i was talking about

only problem is how do i get this

into this hole ?

Does this help?

Attachments

·
Registered
574 Posts
yes it does ,see the small screw when i take it out i can only see 2 holes

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
My understanding was that the bracket needs to be screwed to the floor pan (and to do this you will need to release the centre trim and then lower it down over the bracket) Once that is fixed you then bolt the armrest body to the bracket.

It must be said that is only my opinion after looking at the parts diagram. My bits don't arrive until next Tuesday

·
Registered
921 Posts
The centre console in those pics looks different from the one on cars with the factory fitted arm rest

·
Registered
921 Posts
Have had another look and they do look the same - I originally thought the rim of the 'coin tray' was more rounded in the pics without the arm rest - not convinced now.

·
Registered
574 Posts
ok done a dry fit without the center post ill post pictures of it later ,also found where the seal goes its really easy when you dry build it once the 2 end pieces are fitted theres a bit at the bottom where it slips in and this in turn sits on the cebtre console (once ive found out how to remove console it will become clear )the back piece fits around where the small screw fits ,triplefan i agree with you centre console needs to be removed for it to slip over the bracket and secure it to the floor pan if by any chance you could post a pic for me to see how the center console can be removed would appreciate ,after that ill do a fit with pictures as i said

thanks to EDDIE1 for the pics really helped mate

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
When I collect my bits next week, I was going to get the parts guy to print off the ETKA page relating to the centre trim, which I hoped would give an indication of how to release it.

Failing that it would be a case of (gentle)trial and (hopefully no)error :D

·
Registered
574 Posts
ok sorry i thot you said you had ETKA thats why i asked np if ive got time this week end ill have a go but if not ill wait to hear from you unless someone else has ETKA and could throw some light on it?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
father ted said:
ok sorry i thot you said you had ETKA thats why i asked np if ive got time this week end ill have a go but if not ill wait to hear from you unless someone else has ETKA and could throw some light on it?
I'm actually there in the morning, but i'll have to take a photo of it.

PM me your email and I'll send it over asap :D

·
Registered
574 Posts
ok these are a couple of pictures i took of dry fit to arm rest, as you will see it fits neatly in where it should go ,everything is as factory fit

oh and the little seal well its fits around the base in fact its so simple i wonder why i didnt think of it :lol:

youll see i left one end free

41 - 60 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.