Audi A1 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I test drove 2 different A1s and on the manual, it was a slight hindrance I felt, on the S-Tronic, it was nice to be able to leave your left arm. But, I felt it was a bit too high. I have driven BMWs mostly and the cabin feels a bit more low down in certain aspects on the BMW, or maybe it's just me. So I have opted not to get it.

But more annoyingly, on both demo cars I drove, there was a rattle and/or squeak from the arm-rest, which really put me off. The sales guy himself felt it and when he held the arm-rest and the bottom bit of it clasped together, the noise went away :|

·
Registered
208 Posts
I wouldnt be without my superb arm rest. No rattles. Wouldn't have bought the car without it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sir_B said:
I test drove 2 different A1s and on the manual, it was a slight hindrance I felt, on the S-Tronic, it was nice to be able to leave your left arm. But, I felt it was a bit too high. I have driven BMWs mostly and the cabin feels a bit more low down in certain aspects on the BMW, or maybe it's just me. So I have opted not to get it.

But more annoyingly, on both demo cars I drove, there was a rattle and/or squeak from the arm-rest, which really put me off. The sales guy himself felt it and when he held the arm-rest and the bottom bit of it clasped together, the noise went away :|
I have the arm rest and have never had any rattles or sqeaks from it.

The arm rest can be lowered so don't really get the "too high" reference.

I think there is a trend developing here....Those who have the armrest say they are great and wouldn't be without it and those who have "test driven" cars with them in and say they wouldn't have them.

Who would you rather take advice from????? :D

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
3noisynippersandacat said:
I wouldnt be without my superb arm rest.
Eddie1 said:
Who would you rather take advice from?????
OK I'm convinced.................I WANT ONE

·
Registered
84 Posts
triplefan said:
Looking at buying one of these and would be grateful if someone could post some pics of theirs, particularly close ups of the pad.

TIA
As promised some more photos of the arm rest. I will put some more in my gallery when I get to my laptop.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Eddie

Just superb mate, great pics, every thing from the parts list makes perfect sense, really know where I'm going now.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
ssjash said:
Triplefan,
If you go ahead with the retro fit armrest, would you post a list of parts needed and maybe a how too guide!
Dont have my A1 yet but i know im gonna want an arm rest!
I am already planning to do a step by step pictorial "how to" :D

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Just a small update, the parts are all ordered, including the pad in both cloth and leatherette.

My inclination is to go with the cloth option, and take it over to the local trimmers and have it done in leather.

But curiosity has got the better of me and I will check out the leatherette, which is £20 dearer.

Will take some pics as I go

·
Registered
84 Posts
giorgos said:
just confirmed on the sline package on my A1 a centre console comes along dont now about the other models but this looks great now that i found out :D
Hi giorgos,
You do know that a centre console is not an arm rest don't you?

·
Registered
574 Posts
triplefan said:
Just a small update, the parts are all ordered, including the pad in both cloth and leatherette.

My inclination is to go with the cloth option, and take it over to the local trimmers and have it done in leather.

But curiosity has got the better of me and I will check out the leatherette, which is £20 dearer.

Will take some pics as I go
did you go ahead with this?and did you buy from dealer or is it a retro one? just curious as i cant seem to find it in parts catalouge was looking for one myself and just wondered on price as well ?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
father ted said:
did you go ahead with this
Parts should be here next Thursday

All parts are from the dealer, will post up the price when I have recovered from the shock

ETKA info
Model: A1
Year: 2011
MG: 8
SG: 63
Illustration: 863-60

·
Registered
17 Posts
Eddie1 said:
giorgos said:
just confirmed on the sline package on my A1 a centre console comes along dont now about the other models but this looks great now that i found out :D
Hi giorgos,
You do know that a centre console is not an arm rest don't you?
well to be honest im just confused with all this arm rest topic in the brochure it shows and includes a centre console in the sline package now i understood is the part in the middle as it says (pur black) and their isnt anything else in the interior that i can think of. if you can explain to me what exactly it is would be nice cause im really confused with this and im only 17 :D

·
Registered
274 Posts
The "centre console" is where the air-con and gear stick are located - leading up to the entertainment section - and from there left and right to the rest of the console (dials/steering wheel/glove-box).

The "centre arm rest" goes between the front seats and over the hand brake and can fold up out of the way and includes an opening section to store stuff or put a mobile phone cradle into.

On some cars, the console extends from the front of the car through between the front seats and might have an arm rest coming up from it - but they are separate things in the A1.

·
Registered
574 Posts
triplefan said:
father ted said:
did you go ahead with this
Parts should be here next Thursday

All parts are from the dealer, will post up the price when I have recovered from the shock

ETKA info
Model: A1
Year: 2011
MG: 8
SG: 63
Illustration: 863-60
this is much appreciated m8, as i have no access to ETKA am just gonna have to annoy you :lol: on how and what to spruce up mine

·
Registered
17 Posts
So as i have confirmed it finally, the armrest was not included in the extras options when i had placed my order 2 months ago here in Cyprus , so i can now assume that it comes along as standard on my sline. If anyone has any ideas similar to this would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
giorgos said:
So as i have confirmed it finally, the armrest was not included in the extras options when i had placed my order 2 months ago here in Cyprus , so i can now assume that it comes along as standard on my sline. If anyone has any ideas similar to this would be appreciated :)
In England you have to pay for a arm rest on/in the S-Line.
Audi have managed to make buying a great car an intelligence test!

·
Registered
84 Posts
As Benny Hill says

Never assume .......... Because it makes an ASS out of U and ME

21 - 40 of 89 Posts