Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
triplefan said:
Looking at buying one of these and would be grateful if someone could post some pics of theirs, particularly close ups of the pad.

TIA
Sorry too dark at the minute even with my interior led pack for my iPhone to get good photos.

I will try tomorrow unless someone else has provided them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Looking at the brochure it appears the arm rest is listed as an option and is not standard.
I would check with your dealer.

·
Registered
84 Posts
triplefan said:
Looking at buying one of these and would be grateful if someone could post some pics of theirs, particularly close ups of the pad.

TIA
Photos of armrest.
You could have the armrest fitted aftermarket on the golf which is a very similar set up as the A1 so I think it would be possible to retrofit it.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
I will take some tomorrow (light permitting)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have no problem with the handbrake operation as it does go up & down.
I find if I drop it 1 click, I can use the handbrake no problem.

I wouldn't be without it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sir_B said:
I test drove 2 different A1s and on the manual, it was a slight hindrance I felt, on the S-Tronic, it was nice to be able to leave your left arm. But, I felt it was a bit too high. I have driven BMWs mostly and the cabin feels a bit more low down in certain aspects on the BMW, or maybe it's just me. So I have opted not to get it.

But more annoyingly, on both demo cars I drove, there was a rattle and/or squeak from the arm-rest, which really put me off. The sales guy himself felt it and when he held the arm-rest and the bottom bit of it clasped together, the noise went away :|
I have the arm rest and have never had any rattles or sqeaks from it.

The arm rest can be lowered so don't really get the "too high" reference.

I think there is a trend developing here....Those who have the armrest say they are great and wouldn't be without it and those who have "test driven" cars with them in and say they wouldn't have them.

Who would you rather take advice from????? :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
triplefan said:

TIA
As promised some more photos of the arm rest. I will put some more in my gallery when I get to my laptop.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
giorgos said:
just confirmed on the sline package on my A1 a centre console comes along dont now about the other models but this looks great now that i found out :D
Hi giorgos,
You do know that a centre console is not an arm rest don't you?

·
Registered
84 Posts
As Benny Hill says

Never assume .......... Because it makes an ASS out of U and ME

·
Registered
84 Posts
father ted said:

as you can see this is what was sent to me

as you can see the seal i was talking about

only problem is how do i get this