Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at buying one of these and would be grateful if someone could post some pics of theirs, particularly close ups of the pad.

TIA

·
Registered
84 Posts
triplefan said:
Looking at buying one of these and would be grateful if someone could post some pics of theirs, particularly close ups of the pad.

TIA
Sorry too dark at the minute even with my interior led pack for my iPhone to get good photos.

I will try tomorrow unless someone else has provided them.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I wouldn't be without my arm rest. Makes all drives much more comfortable.

·
Registered
142 Posts
true, i ordered the arm rest as an extra...the only thing i did add, usefull for storage as well as comfort..
there is some on ebay, i think it will be possible to add later,only seems a small job..

·
Registered
84 Posts
Looking at the brochure it appears the arm rest is listed as an option and is not standard.
I would check with your dealer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
how strange just seen it. from the photos from the sline package it shows the armrest already included in contrast from the pictures from the sport where you could not see one. anyone that knows more etc knows tell us .. :)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I always understood the armrest to be an extra, and it's not in my s-line :lol:

Eddie1 said:
I will try tomorrow unless someone else has provided them.
Thanks Eddie, much appreciated.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I believe the arm rest IS included as standard with some specs in some markets (but not on any UK spec).

Its difficult to see how it could simply be added later as its integrated with the centre console

·
Registered
84 Posts
triplefan said:

TIA
Photos of armrest.
You could have the armrest fitted aftermarket on the golf which is a very similar set up as the A1 so I think it would be possible to retrofit it.

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Can you take a picture of the passengers (in the back) view of it and underneath from the front too. Just interested to see how it connects :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I will take some tomorrow (light permitting)

·
Registered
921 Posts
The centre console extends towards the back of the car and the vertical bit of the armrest has a square section and slots through a matching hole in the top of the extended console and is presumably anchored to the floor.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thats correct
On the A3 its the same. An armrest can be retrofitted, but involves hacking the hole in the console. The anchor points should still be there underneath. In fact if you were inclined to remove the console, you'd probably find a guide as to where the hole should be cut.. :shock:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cheers Guys, gonna ring for a price tomorrow and see what they say

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just remember it does get in the way of the handbrake. That's what put me off having one, as well as the extra cost.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have no problem with the handbrake operation as it does go up & down.
I find if I drop it 1 click, I can use the handbrake no problem.

I wouldn't be without it.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nipz said:
Can you take a picture of the passengers (in the back) view of it and underneath from the front too. Just interested to see how it connects :)
+1

I've been to the stealers today and got the ETKA print-out of the armrest. It's not abundantly clear as to the hole required in the centre console trim, so more pics needed please.

There is probably a trim with the hole already, so it'll be out with the dremmel and if I make a horliks of it, I just buy the proper one

1 - 20 of 89 Posts