Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted the armrest but having not ordered/spec'd the car myself I had to sacrifice a couple of bits and pieces to get the things I really did want when looking round the list of available cars or cars due into the country!

Anyway the aftermarket option seems like a good one for me as don't mind messing around and doing awkward jobs such as this. My only real query is around the armrest itself - they're not cheap from Audi but I notice you can get non genuine parts from eBay - does anyone have any experience with this part rather than the genuine Audi part, and if so what do you make of it?

Cheers :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
if its the one that fits over the centre console i wouldnt ,can you show us it ? i looked at those if they are the same ones and tbh i dont think they would look nice or fit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Is this the arm rest for about £40 im thinking about that too?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
am not sure how youll be able to fit this to your car? the ones we bought fit into the recess on the centre console triplefan has pictures on how to do it ,but this one looks like you have to drill holes somewhere on the floor im not sure tbh i dont have one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
I have this arm rest from eBay on my A1 sport and it fits fine and is easy to install. I agree that it is not as good looking as the Audi fit but at £26.00 plus p&p you can't go wrong. I would definitely recommend it. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
And here was me just about to post that I've seen one fitted to a TT and it's sh1te :lol:

We need pics to support your claim :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mixonic2 said:
I have this arm rest from eBay on my A1 sport and it fits fine and is easy to install. I agree that it is not as good looking as the Audi fit but at £26.00 plus p&p you can't go wrong. I would definitely recommend it. :)
Please please please!!!!!!! can we have a couple of pics? :D
Would really like to see how it looks before buying, cheers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
A1Chris said:
mixonic2 said:
I have this arm rest from eBay on my A1 sport and it fits fine and is easy to install. I agree that it is not as good looking as the Audi fit but at £26.00 plus p&p you can't go wrong. I would definitely recommend it. :)
Please please please!!!!!!! can we have a couple of pics? :D
Would really like to see how it looks before buying, cheers.
I have tried to upload some pics but have been unable to as yet. I will try later with some lower res pics and see if they work. If not PM me and I will send direct to you. cheers Gary (mixonic2) :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Would be nice to see the pics, cheers gary
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mixonic2 said:
I have tried to upload some pics but have been unable to as yet. I will try later with some lower res pics and see if they work. If not PM me and I will send direct to you. cheers Gary (mixonic2) :)
Cheers Gary, PM sent :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Hey.

I'm new to this forum so I can't pm but I'm thinking about opting for this arm rest too. Could you send me the pictures please? I'd really like to see how it fits, as I don't think I'm capable of anything too technical. How hard was it to install? Does it require extra holes to be drilled??

Thanks :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
audidudey said:
Hey.

I'm new to this forum so I can't pm but I'm thinking about opting for this arm rest too. Could you send me the pictures please? I'd really like to see how it fits, as I don't think I'm capable of anything too technical. How hard was it to install? Does it require extra holes to be drilled??

Thanks :D
+1 please :) looks a great price but want to see some real pictures please.

Ben
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
You could try uploading the original pics somewhere like http://imgur.com/ then copying over the web address so we can view them on there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Can anyone who is able to PM pls msg him and ask him to post the pics somewhere please? It would be very much appreciated!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
ok ive pm'd him about it just ahve to wait and see if i get a reply
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top