Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has a digital version of the A1 Factory Manual?

I don't mean the book that comes in the A1 folder in your car... :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Still looking for the codes eh?

Maybe ask pooleaudi? :)

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
you mean like a Hanyes manual for technicans? :p

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JustDorian said:

Haha, how did you guess... Apparently the security access code is listed in there! ;)

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
taconite2 said:
you mean like a Hanyes manual for technicans? :p
Yeah, i think it is the Audi workshop manual for the A1.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mojito said:
JustDorian said:

Haha, how did you guess... Apparently the security access code is listed in there! ;)
Think we've both stumbled across the same forum post from google haha

·
Registered
99 Posts
triplefan said:
How about Elsawin off ebay?
As handy as this sounds... Don't think it will have the relevant codes as it's not the official audi one? Although who knows *shrug*... Im quite tempted to buy it anyways, or find it by other means ;)! Might tide me over till my baby comes

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What about ETKA does that have the A1 listed?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
AFAIK, ETKA is the parts catalogue, and ElsaWin the manual

·
Registered
165 Posts
JustDorian said:
triplefan said:
As handy as this sounds... Don't think it will have the relevant codes as it's not the official audi one? Although who knows *shrug*... Im quite tempted to buy it anyways, or find it by other means ;)! Might tide me over till my baby comes
Elsawin is the 'official' work shop manual as used by Audi dealers. It will have the repair and maintenance details for the A1 but if it's electronic codes for use with VCDS then it will may not contain these as VCDS is not a official Audi product but one marketed by a company call Ross-Tech in the US. Audi use a system called VAS 5051, although the codes are the same. VCDS is a way of accessing and changing the codes without having to purchase the full VAS 5051 system.

ETKA is the official Audi parts catalogue and once you have a copy (from Ebay) you can keep it up to date with all the updates and prices using a US website 'MyTouareg.com'

·
Registered
99 Posts
h5djr said:
JustDorian said:
triplefan said:
Elsawin is the 'official' work shop manual as used by Audi dealers. It will have the repair and maintenance details for the A1 but if it's electronic codes for use with VCDS then it will may not contain these as VCDS is not a official Audi product but one marketed by a company call Ross-Tech in the US. Audi use a system called VAS 5051, although the codes are the same. VCDS is a way of accessing and changing the codes without having to purchase the full VAS 5051 system.

ETKA is the official Audi parts catalogue and once you have a copy (from Ebay) you can keep it up to date with all the updates and prices using a US website 'MyTouareg.com'
Cool thanks for clearing that up!

Vcds instructions on Ross-tech website mention the codes are in this manual, so I guess they'd be the same codes!

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As soon as i find out the code... I may be able to get dipping reverse mirror working. :)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Mojito said:
As soon as i find out the code... I may be able to get dipping reverse mirror working. :)
That's the one I'm really waiting for :D

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And i want to turn up my LEDs to 35% ;)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
4 euros for an hour.........2850 for a year :shock:

better find it quick or it'll cost a fortune

·
Registered
512 Posts
Agreed - but if your good with these things you should be able to get hold of the info quick enough lol

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts