Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered...I miss Germany haha

I went last September passing through few weeks before my A1 was due. Saw my first A1 in Berlin a few days before

Go visit Audi if you ever get the chance! :-D truly amazing place especially the A3 production line!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi yes I went in July 2007 on the Audi Flying Start two/three dayer. I saw the A3 production line and thought it was brilliant. Due to not keeping time earlier on in the day we only had about 20 mins in here before the museum tour, but very interesting indeed.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The A3 production line tour was €20 I think and it gives you free access to the museum

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have been to Audi Ingolstadt.
I took an "Audi Driving Experience"-tour with the RS5 for a weekend, and got to see the production line from start to finish :)

Impressive!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've been to the VW production line in Shanghai, they don't make A1's there but they were making Polo and Fabia, but they are run like military precision and very efficient.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I am still dying to go to Ingolstadt, really hoping to go, if i cant go with work, we can just organise a homage tip over there lol

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
I go quite often. Done the factory tour, have yet to do the Museum unbelievably!

Off there again soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any info welcome. We'll be in Munich late July and my husband (total Audi fanatic) immed wondered about getting to Ingolstadt. Do you book for factory tour and if so - thro dealer or how? I've already checked out train times.

I'll just peruse the shops in Ingolstadt itself and hopefully soak up some sun whilst drinking coffee!!

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
The factory is a long way from the shops! He will need to get a taxi from the railway station, which will cost about 15 euro. The train costs about 40 euro return, each (take the ICE, not regional). To be honest, you would be best getting a hire car for the day, for around 80 euro, which gives you flexibility.

As for the tour, you have to book in advance, but it costs very little for the A3 tour (which I would recommend), at no more than 5 euro. Entry to the museum you can book when you book the factory tour, but you can also just turn up for that. I think that's about 15...not sure.

How do you book? Visit this page for more information!

http://www.audi.com/com/brand/en/experi ... ainer=page

Finally, if that isn't enough, you can also visit the Audi Forum at Munich airport, just by terminal 2!

Br

Jae

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
You're a star, thank you, Jae. He used to have the A3 (now the proud joint owner with our son of an A5 - they both downsized????!!!) so that tour will be interesting for him anyway. Hire car would be more feasible if he was under 70 but worth thinking about.
I'll get going on organising when we get back from this so-called rest break in Suffolk!
LesleyP

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LesleyP said:
You're a star, thank you, Jae. He used to have the A3 (now the proud joint owner with our son of an A5 - they both downsized????!!!) so that tour will be interesting for him anyway. Hire car would be more feasible if he was under 70 but worth thinking about.
I'll get going on organising when we get back from this so-called rest break in Suffolk!
LesleyP
Cheers Jae saved me a reply :p

Lesley - Seriously its amazing! Enjoy! :) If your in Munich there's the BMW factory as well - to see how not to build cars hehe!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts