Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This forum just popped into my head so I thought I would check it out :) It's changed a bit!

Are there any early members still on here and on here regularly, I wonder?

I remember putting down a deposit for my A1 in Spring 2010 then religiously trawling the internet for any signs of news/reviews/leaks about the car - god knows how many times I watched just the video of the guy talking about the design of the "eagle wing" DRLs haha. All that effort for Audi to go and change them on the facelift car!

Mine was a Daytona Grey S-line with full leather (had to be Exclusive back then - paid for by dealer due to a c0ck up on their part), armrest, climate, BOSE, HD Nav, elec folding mirrors and privacy glass. I remember picking it up and it really did feel solid and a lovely place to be. I had come from a Lupo GTI which I sold whilst waiting for the A1, and whilst that car of course had its merits, the A1 certainly was a step up. Took the car to Madrid in 2011, and it was utterly reliable, especially helpful on the way home which I ended up doing all in one go - 17h 20m said the DIS when I got back to London! Don't think I could do that now!

Sold the car in 2017 to lease an A6 saloon 2.0 TDI BE, then went on to buy a lovely Sepang Blue A6 Avant 3.0 TDI 272 which I since sold to raise cash for a house move and went for an older Allroad with the same engine.

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
2014 A1 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Contrast Line +
74 Posts
I only joined earlier this year (2022) when my younger daughter's 2014 pre-facelift A1 was rendered undriveable in a cash-for-crash scam.
I found it for her and she bought it in mid 2017 when it was 3 years old with about 8k miles on it, approved used at a dealer near where I worked. This forum seems almost dead which is a little surprising as there seem to be a lot of A1s on the roads. Apart from a few punctures and an oil leak which turned out to be due to a failed (non-genuine) oil filter it has been faultless and is now up to around 40k miles. It acquired an MoT yesterday so I am expecting a call from the body shop very soon to say it is ready for collection. This should be fun as the insurance co sold it for salvage despite us requesting a buy-back. I found it on a salvage site by chance, so no idea who technically owns it now.and I have to re-tax it at a Post Office with a V62 and request (plus £25) for a new V5C. Trying to get temporary insurance was interesting too since some companies will not insure a car that is on SORN when you want to start the policy. I have an OK form DVLA/DVSA that I can drive it home untaxed which may make things a little easier - but not drive it to a car park close to a Post Office so that I can tax it ASAP ! The madness of the law

1 - 2 of 2 Posts