Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Excellent! Any idea what spec/model/engine tempts you?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Trust me, no matter how carefully you consider it, you'll still spend every minute from ordering to delivery wondering if you should have added x, y or z as well!

Welcome.

PF. Xx

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
As Purple says... Those options are addictive! I would say definitely go with the Xenon/LEDs... You will love them!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Xenons are on the list then. Possibly the 5 year service plan as that looks like a fantastic deal, especially for peace of mind, no more servicing bills for 5 years.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Good choice, it really makes the car imo. Also hustle for the service plan for free... I didn't even have to ask, i noticed it on my order form as free!

Say, you can do the deal if you chuck in 5 year service plan and rear and boot mats! ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mojito said:
Good choice, it really makes the car imo. Also hustle for the service plan for free... I didn't even have to ask, i noticed it on my order form as free!

Say, you can do the deal if you chuck in 5 year service plan and rear and boot mats! ;)
Will do, I'll give it a go ;)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Mojito said:

There was supposed to be a charge or mats??? I got the rubber mats in both my a1s and wasn't charged for either. The boot one is awesome. Especially with so much tennis stuff floating around in mine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rghealth said:
Mojito said:

There was supposed to be a charge or mats??? I got the rubber mats in both my a1s and wasn't charged for either. The boot one is awesome. Especially with so much tennis stuff floating around in mine.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Chunky Monkey said:
rghealth said:
Mojito said:

Hi there.

I see from your sig that you have the 185hp A1, did you test drive the 122hp version and if so is it a huge difference power wise and acceleration? I haven't been able to try the more powerful one and doubt I can persuade the wife but it may be worth a try.

Thanks for the warm welcome all.
Hi. I actually downsized from an a4 to a 122 first and didnt save as much as I thought so upgraded to the 185. There is a massive difference in performance because o the supercharger and I am only getting about 20 or so miles less in a tank than I was in the 122. :). I didn't get a chance to drive the 185 before I ordered one but boy am I glad I did.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
rghealth said:
Mojito said:

Yes, you are only supposed to get free front carpet mats. Although i did pay for my rear and boot rubber mats, i got the front rubber mats free as well as my carpets mats.

You got lucky ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
quote="Chunky Monkey"]
rghealth said:
Mojito said:

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Chunky Monkey said:
If they did a manual I'd be on it 'Like a tramp on chips'!
:lol:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Chunky Monkey said:
quote="Chunky Monkey"]
rghealth said:
Mojito said:

Cheers for that. The only thing that puts me off the 185hp version - and its only my opinion - is I prefer manual to DSG. I've had an A3 3.2 DSG and a VW MK5 Golf GTI 200 DSG so know all about them but it has to be a manual for me.

If they did a manual I'd be on it 'Like a tramp on chips'!
I have had manual 122 and 185 and much prefer the paddles....:).

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Chunky Monkey said:
A few more questions please guys.
What would the S-Line standard wheels be, 17 or 18 inch? Standard are 17s

Are the S-Lines also issued with Run-Flats No just standard tyres and "instant"spare, although there is a space for a spacesaver spare, if you go to ebay, make sure you get 5x100 not 5x112

On my previous VW Golf I was able to use 'Vag Com' which has now changed name to VCDS. Can this be used on the A1
Yes, plenty of tweaks available as well as the normal functions here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1399&hilit=+vcds

With the Xenons, does anyone know if they can be changed - a switch or electronically - over for continental driving? Don't quote me but this might be possible with Vagcom?

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Vcds allows change over of lights :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts