Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anybody can shed any light or give any advice......

Have a knocking sound\rattle coming from(I'm fairly certain) from the rear passenger 'corner'. Could be coming from the boot(I have Bose) or possibly underneath the car. I can hear it even at low speeds over relatively smooth roads.

I have checked the boot, under the rear seats and had a glimpse under the car but nothing obvious. :cry:

Other than this noise the car is perfect!

Will eventually take it to the dealers but wondered if anybody had anything similar?...and maybe had a diagnosis/solution?

·
Registered
619 Posts
I remember someone else on these forums mentioning a rattle and it ended up being from the passenger seat - might be worth a quick search to see if its the same problem!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ihad what sounded like a rattle when driving. After turning music off etc I found when I drove up my dropped curb on to my drive the rear passenger side suspension was making a creaking noise. Going in next week to be looked at.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My new A1 185ps has also developed an odd rattle - not from the passenger seat as commonly experienced by others
But from the boot? Sounds like its the boot cover (the bit that goes up and down with the bootlid) thats rattling against something - anyone else have a similar problem?

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
superfunky said:
Wondering if anybody can shed any light or give any advice......

Have a knocking sound\rattle coming from(I'm fairly certain) from the rear passenger 'corner'. Could be coming from the boot(I have Bose) or possibly underneath the car. I can hear it even at low speeds over relatively smooth roads.

I have checked the boot, under the rear seats and had a glimpse under the car but nothing obvious. :cry:

Other than this noise the car is perfect!

Will eventually take it to the dealers but wondered if anybody had anything similar?...and maybe had a diagnosis/solution?
Ask your dealer to contact Preston Audi - they fixed this on my car last week! They should have details on what exactly they did to cure it.

They replaced the backrest as far as I know.

I'll upload a pic later of the bracket causing the noise when I get home -

1 - 5 of 5 Posts