Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all :)

Busy spec'ing up my A1 and after doing a test drive today I'm not 100% on the gloss black surrounds on the air vents.
Does anyone have a photo of the Aluminium style ones? All I've got to go off is what's in the brochure. I really would love to see a proper pic before deciding.

Appreciate the help, thanks!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I remember seeing them in this video a while back:

about 30 seconds in.

Personally I can take them or leave them tbh.

How did you find your test drive? :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rojibo said:
I remember seeing them in this video a while back:

about 30 seconds in.

Personally I can take them or leave them tbh.

How did you find your test drive? :)
THANK YOU!

(The silly thing is... is that I actually watched this video late last night while nodding off in bed!! Must have been sooooo tired, the vents became imbedded into my subconscious and then today while inspecting the loaner I thought 'ooh, wonder what the aluminium ones would look like?' and completely couldn't recall this video!)

I actually think they look rather tasty, so I think I'll be seeing about getting these.

I'm getting the sport but the dealer said even though they were only for the S-Line he didn't see a problem in getting them for me (and fitting if needed) but that he'd have to check about the cost.

Thanks again for pointing me to the video ;)

The test drive was really really fab. Loved it. I had it for a good few hours and took it for a proper drive, parked it outside my house and gave it a good inspection. Even sat in the back seat (it's kinda small back there...).
My overall opinion is: I NEED IT, I WANT IT, I MUST HAVE IT.

So all in all a good day.

Cheers!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I got the Aluminium air vents, and they make the cab a bit lighter and I think it feals a little nicer, after all there are lots of other bits of aluminium, especially if you get an Sline.

Pics in my gallery

[album]951[/album]

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Bob, they look very classy. Very smart.
Notice from your signature that you've got the tyre pressure indicator - do you think that's a worthwhile add on?

Cheers.

·
Registered
354 Posts
The tyre pressure indicator cost seemed so low it wasnt worth not having. Not sure how well it works, but with 18s I would rather know the tyres are running flat, than find out when its too late.

I think some of the options make more sense than others, the climate control comes with rain and light sensors and nicer controls in my opinion.

But as with everybody, I had to drop a few things I would have liked, as the choices were making the car too expensive.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree. It's a difficult call - on one hand the car starts getting expensive and on the other had I start to think 'well I've spent this much so far... what's another £££ onto the price?' :roll:

I think I'm theoretically spent up now though. I thought I'd ask about the tyre pressure monitor out of curiosity. I'm getting 17s probably will do fine without it...

Thanks for your reply :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
tyre pressure monitor i have on my BMW has alerted me to problems early thus avoiding potential accident etc, to cheap an option not to have on the A1, and for the record aluminium vents for me!.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damnit.

I just finished crunching numbers.

I'll have to add these on. You're right. Probably very handy to have and correctly inflated tyres are more fuel efficient.
Driving around for a length of time with them under inflated could end up costing in petrol.

Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I agree , Ive had the tyres pressure option ( plus its one of the cheapest options ) but Id rather know indvance that theres a problem with the tyre rather than doing more damage and wont be able to get a repair done.

i do like the alum air vents , and I did think about them but I didnt in the end , cuss of other options I had. But I never got to see the alum air vents before. Seeing them now , I think I would of done for them.

Can they be fitted after? wonder what audi would charge?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd be happy to let you know what my dealer quotes, if it's possible, if they'll let me have them fitted to the sport.
I think it's most likely a dealer-fit situation rather than factory fit. But again I'm waiting on more details.

I'm definitely going with the tyre pressure checker. Why not ey?

·
Registered
442 Posts
thank you that be great if you let me know. Id like the Aluminum vents

·
Registered
131 Posts
Iirc the air vents are a factory fit job and can't be retro fitted. I could be wrong however.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Wasn't that just like sticky tape though? I thought the aluminium ones were recessed into the dash, not stuck over the current ones.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No idea. I'll see what my dealer comes back with, tomorrow hopefully.
Should be an interesting conversation!

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Go for the black vents... The alu rings Reflect in my mirrors... Alu ones would annoy me even though i like them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I expect the sleeves least likely to cause reflections would be the matt black ones which come as standard on the SE. According to the brochure though, these are not available as an option for the S-line.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I noticed the black gloss ones reflecting too on the test drive at the weekend. So this doesn't bother me much.
If it goes, then good, if not then that's ok.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts