Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, looking into ordering an a1 at the end of may beginning of June. Looking at the 1.4tfsi sport and IF I can stretch to it the s line version, as I'm only 19 this is a massive step up from my first car a fiat punto :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Do it! I just ordered myself the sline 1.4 ... Awaiting delivery, Im also 19, the reason I went with the A1 is that the insurance is reasonable.

You're right though it's definitely a massive step up from my current 54 plate ford fiesta! welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh man, the insurance is only £600 fully comp for me which is exactly the same as my 1.2 punt lol? Looking forward to ordering next month!

·
Registered
131 Posts
£600?! Who's that with?

I'm looking at £1200, and thats with 2 Years NCB lol.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You guys get ripped off in insurance costs and we get ripped off in import duties.

I pay 600EUR per year for fully insuring my A5 2.0TDI, however I had to pay 15000 EUR more than the equivalent car in the UK :x

·
Registered
131 Posts
Swings and roundabouts :)

·
Registered
619 Posts
Rojibo said:
£600?! Who's that with?

Woah! Im 22 and it's costing me just over £900! Who is that with?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Mikecruse said:
Rojibo said:
£600?! Who's that with?

Admiral. That seems fair enough, you've got 3 years on me :p

·
Registered
619 Posts
Rojibo said:
Mikecruse said:
Rojibo said:
£600?! Who's that with?

Admiral. That seems fair enough, you've got 3 years on me :p
I meant the guy getting £600 :p (might have misquoted a bit)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Insurance is with admiral with 2yncb. Add your parents onto the policy and it brings down the insurance by alot of money!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Interesting, the parents didn't bring it down by that much. Is that with the multi-car discount?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I suppose it depends if your parents have had claims in the past as well? And also what job your in depends on the price weirdly enough. And I'm not with the multi car mate

·
Registered
131 Posts
Fair enough. I put my dad down, he's got 15+ years NCB and that brought it down a fair whack, can't put my mother down, dozy woman has driven into many a stationary object.

I thought £1200 was a fair enough price for fully comp, with business milage and such. I can only be jealous of your lower premium :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts