Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wifes 185 is finally here!
Firstly a big thankyou to Peterborough Audi for pulling out all the stops to get the car sorted in only 8 days from its arrival with them.
The car was only finished late on thursday so only spent friday and early saturday in their handover area where it generated huge interest from both staff and custermers alike.
I have to say the positive comments have been comming thick and fast,much to my wifes delight !.
We were treated like royalty by Tom and the staff at Peterborough (its our 9th Audi and 5th from p'boro).
First impressions are that the car is quite nippy but untill she'e got a few more miles on we wont know just how nippy! :lol:
The wheels set the car off really well although they do highlight the tiny rear discs!
IT drives really well and feels like a much larger car,seems really solid and planted on the road,the ride seems much better in sport and not too harsh at all.
I have included a picture of the ebay boot liner as well .
Pictures are in my gallery.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Looks nice! Is that an S-Line Badge I see on the grill? Where'd you get that from? :)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rojibo said:
Looks nice! Is that an S-Line Badge I see on the grill? Where'd you get that from? :)
Came on the car!

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Ohhh, nice looking 185! Shame i didn't see you as i live in Peterborough!

Would have been nice to see that nice looking interior!

I collect my one from Peterborough Audi in 6 weeks.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Can we have a close up pic of the front grille badge? I wonder if they are only fitted to the 185 S-Lines?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mojito said:
Can we have a close up pic of the front grille badge? I wonder if they are only fitted to the 185 S-Lines?
Will do.

G

·
Great looking A1 there Butch ;)

Can you tell us what happened with the mis-build, did the car turn up with a totally wrong spec or something?

·
Registered
131 Posts
butch said:
Rojibo said:
Came on the car!
Brill! I'll have to make sure I get the same on mine :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Very nice, is that the exclusive leather or what ever they call it?

Looks like you ticked pretty much every option!! :)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
butch said:
My wifes 185 is finally here!
Firstly a big thankyou to Peterborough Audi for pulling out all the stops to get the car sorted in only 8 days from its arrival with them.
The car was only finished late on thursday so only spent friday and early saturday in their handover area where it generated huge interest from both staff and custermers alike.
I have to say the positive comments have been comming thick and fast,much to my wifes delight !.
We were treated like royalty by Tom and the staff at Peterborough (its our 9th Audi and 5th from p'boro).
First impressions are that the car is quite nippy but untill she'e got a few more miles on we wont know just how nippy! :lol:
The wheels set the car off really well although they do highlight the tiny rear discs!
IT drives really well and feels like a much larger car,seems really solid and planted on the road,the ride seems much better in sport and not too harsh at all.
I have included a picture of the ebay boot liner as well .
Pictures are in my gallery.
Enjoy.
Butch - You need to calm down and leave some options for other future A1 owners. :lol: Your A1 looks very nice indeed. Let us know what she feels like when you eventually open the throttle up. ;)

G

·
Hey Butch
How do you find the ride with S-Line suspension and 18" wheels?

I took an A1 S-Line on a test drive with 18"s and found it too harsh for me, even firmer than my BMW M-Sport and a Mini Cooper S. My dealer mentioned you could choose the Sport suspension as an alternative, is that what you meant in your first post?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chunky Monkey said:
Great looking A1 there Butch ;)

Can you tell us what happened with the mis-build, did the car turn up with a totally wrong spec or something?
Ist car came through with aircon and not climate! :shock:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A1TDISLINE said:
Very nice, is that the exclusive leather or what ever they call it?

Looks like you ticked pretty much every option!! :)
No the car came with standard s-line half leather,we sent the car to a trimmers to have the tan leather fitted and before anyone asks it cost £725, a hooooge saving over Exclusive!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Chunky Monkey said:
Hey Butch

I took an A1 S-Line on a test drive with 18"s and found it too harsh for me, even firmer than my BMW M-Sport and a Mini Cooper S. My dealer mentioned you could choose the Sport suspension as an alternative, is that what you meant in your first post?

Cheers
The ride is firm but not uncomfortably so .No worse really than the A3 s-line on 18's that it replaces.

G

·
butch said:
Chunky Monkey said:
Hey Butch

Cheers
The ride is firm but not uncomfortably so .No worse really than the A3 s-line on 18's that it replaces.
Cheers bud. I've also had an A3 S-Line and know what you mean!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello, I am a 185 owner and it did not come with the S-Line badge on the front grill?? also it says in your sig Dual Zone Climate control?? This is another thing I did not think was available for the A1... Would you mind clarifying please?

Thanks.

G

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
geoxis said:
Hello, I am a 185 owner and it did not come with the S-Line badge on the front grill?? also it says in your sig Dual Zone Climate control?? This is another thing I did not think was available for the A1... Would you mind clarifying please?

Thanks.

G
The Climate is not dual zone even though Audi listed it as such!
the badge is not s-line but just an S.

·
Registered
350 Posts
It's a lovely car! You must be thrilled :D
Worth the wait?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts