Audi A1 Forum banner

A2 Owners

7K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Peter1963 
#1 ·
Quite a few of us have been previous A2 owners, and now, like myself, bought the A1.

Does anyone else think the 'quality' of materials used aren't as good as used in the A2 ? Just things like the headlining in my SE model isn't a patch on the one in my SE A2. Carpets are a lot less quality (myself being in the flooring/ car trimming trade for 34 years)

Yes the dash is a lot nicer etc, but its just them 'little' things with me … still love my A1 tho :cool: :cool:

#2 ·
Ive had six A2's, would buy another, but so many sensors and electrical faults with used ones these days. Look on ebay at the amount of A2's that need work or have dash lights on.

Hard to find good examples these days :(

But yes, the A1 does have a few interior quality cuts. Some to reduce weight to hit the Co2 levels? Lack of soundproofing, lower quality carpets etc?

I went out in a forum members new A3 and getting back in the A1 felt like getting in a lower quality car...

I wouldnt mind trading in for a used new A3 Sportback Sport. Lovely car to be in and i could do with a more comfortable ride and smaller wheels that the wife wont curb.

#3 ·
Mojito said:
smaller wheels that the wife wont curb.
I am sure she wouldn't approve of your saying that :D

#5 ·

Woman friendly wheels :lol:

#6 ·
Yeah thats what is needed :lol:

#7 ·
I can remember all those years ago in the early 1990s when Audi first released the lovely A2.
Like the current A1, the A2 was not a cheap vehicle, in fact i can still remember the Reflex Silver 1.4TDI A2 in the Pentraeth Automotive VW showroom on Anglesea.

It was priced at just over £18000, beautifully built, even slightly better built than the A1 of today, but that all aluminium body and very high purchase cost, made it a poor seller.

A great little car, but too ahead of it's time, and even by Audi standards it was very pricey.

The best model was definitely the 1.4TDI three cylinder diesel model, a great little engine, really suited to the low weight of the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.