Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the ElsaWin (Audi) repair manual, Japanese A1's can get a optional TV tuner that is part of the MMI Infotainment System. A so-called "hybrid" tuner is fitted for receiving analogue and digital TV channels, also........a TV card reader is connected to the TV tuner for receiving pay-TV channels........WTF?

Me likie! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Japanese also get the option of having a chip card reader control unit with traffic data aerial for paying tolls wirelessly. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
619 Posts
BigDeuce451 said:
According to the ElsaWin (Audi) repair manual, Japanese A1's can get a optional TV tuner that is part of the MMI Infotainment System. A so-called "hybrid" tuner is fitted for receiving analogue and digital TV channels, also........a TV card reader is connected to the TV tuner for receiving pay-TV channels........WTF?

Me likie! :mrgreen:
Cool but... honestly when would you put the TV on!?

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Deuce, retro fit a freeview box and projector in your A1... You can then watch telly on your windscreen whilst driving!

Or project onto your lenses!!!

:lol:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No Need Mojito. I can always see my TV no matter where I'm at. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Looks like you have two tv tubes as lenses! Hahaha

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Does the Japanese A1 make instant Sushi in the dashboard?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As a matter of fact they do and they also have a wasabi dispenser on the dash too! :eek:

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
that is amazing - I'd like that option here!!

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
The Japanese always get all the decent gadgets! :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts