Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had so many people ask questions about my car! First day at work, i have to go through security to get onto the airfield. Came out from being scanned etc, and 2 security guards were sat in it! One of them today told me he's looking to buy one now! :roll:

I've had varying opinions on the contrast line. a 50/50 split i'd say, but either way i'm getting a LOT of looks and "turn arounds" when i drive past. I've still only seen one other on the roads around here, but know there are a fair few more around looking at the number waiting to be collected last Tuesday.....

How are people finding others reactions? I'm quite suprised so far!!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I get questioned what model Audi is it, since I've got the model designator removed. I just tell them its an A1.....any more questions and I tell them to Step Off, and Jog On. ;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
It's a head turner all right. My s line has had some great comments. Everyone loves it. I've just not stopped smiling since I picked it up on the 1st.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I was on the M4 a few weeks ago and a focus came along side , the young lad in the passenger seat took a photo.

·
Registered
267 Posts
concoursneil said:
I've just not stopped smiling since I picked it up on the 1st.
Me too its just awesome!

·
Registered
32 Posts
On the return home from picking up the car from the dealer we had 2 motorway cops in a 5 Series pull alongside on the motorway for an ogle :D Or were they just looking at my daughter who was driving :lol:

·
Registered
267 Posts
haha, where abouts do you live? lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
concoursneil said:
It's a head turner all right. My s line has had some great comments. Everyone loves it. I've just not stopped smiling since I picked it up on the 1st.
Same here lots of people have been have looks at my s line,but one bad side is someone has tried to take mine when on holiday :cry:

·
Registered
126 Posts
davking said:
concoursneil said:
Same here lots of people have been have looks at my s line,but one bad side is someone has tried to take mine when on holiday :cry:
Sorry to hear someone tried to steal your pride and joy - did they damage it etc?
Some people just can't handle others having something nice.

Mark

·
Registered
74 Posts
JUST a little dent on top of door,marks on rubber seal on lower edge of rubber seal and scratch mark to glass,luckly ive got smart repair through audi

·
Registered
70 Posts
Its unreal the attention i get when am driving my car i look for people looking at it now,i drive the M8 every day and Ive had a few admirers especially one guy who drove up beside me when i was on the slow lane and kept looking at the car,i just smiled and nodded to him so now every time i see him i just nod to him and he nods back lol

just loving my car :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Oldie said:
On the return home from picking up the car from the dealer we had 2 motorway cops in a 5 Series pull alongside on the motorway for an ogle :D Or were they just looking at my daughter who was driving :lol:
That's very bad... they should know better than to "hang around" like that. If I was at the wheel I would have thought they were wanting me to pull over.

I've mainly had looks from A3 drivers and blokes walking with the family having a prolonged look.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I don't think very many people take any notice of mine. The odd sideways glance from A3 and Golf drivers maybe. Last week, our Receptionist told me that 3 businessmen were taking a good look around mine in the car park - but that's about the only time I've known mine to really draw attention.

I expected Mini drivers to stare, but they don't. I am wondering if that says something about the kind of person who typically drives a mini - e.g. girls in the their twenties - LOL!

The looks must mainly be for S-Lines with the Xenon lights!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Still not seen one on the roads yet!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Found a Black SE basic spec in my company car park today. That combo really does it no favours - I thought it was an A3 at first...

·
Registered
574 Posts
i was in at my dealer inquiring about centre arm fit and noticed a few guys across the road in the BMW garage giving mine a good look over also when i was at home i parked in asda car park and a few ppl were eyeing it up in fact when i got back a chap had his face buried in the window and he asked me all sorts of question about it ,mines a sport in Amalfi white

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was driving the car the day after I picked it up, when a couple of young girls in the car behind me were taking a photo of the car! I've had several long looks at the car, mainly from young people. Nice to think at least the car is hip even if I'm not! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.