Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quite, roll on next month, 17"s on!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
the xenon lights were the first reason i ordered my car!! i went for the 1.4 tfsi and now only two weeks away from collecting i finf out it only comes with the s-line!! so, is it possible to change them? if so how much will it cost?

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here it's

Attraction - SE
Ambition - Sport

S-Line exterior can be added to either if these models, whereas S-Line interior can only be supplied to a 1.4 Ambition.

In all cases you can add Xenon Plus and even just LED rear lights on their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just checked on the audi uk website and you can only add xeon plus and led rear lights to the s-line not any other model, I will be phoning my dealer later today to check directly with them also.

·
Registered
921 Posts
The Xenon / LED option has been available on all UK versions since the latter part of last year, for deliveries in 2011.
Jason, if you are looking at the configurator that is notoriously wrong. The brochure is the best bet, and Xenons/LEDs have been shown on all models since the October 2010 issue. If your build date isn't yet confirmed your dealer should be able to change your order.
Trabzone, there are several threads on here that discussed, and largely discounted the retrofit of the Audi Xenon / LED package.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks chelmersteve, well i was told this by the dealer because the car i test drove was a sport model with xeon led day running lights and i asked him if i could get them them on the sport that i was thinking of getting and he told me no there only available on the s-line as an option! i have been given a delivery date march 14th so dont think i could change it now.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Hmmm wonder how your dealer thought he got a Sport with Xenons / LEDs as a demonstrator if they were only available on the S-Line.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Decent sales pitch obviously lol. In all fairness it's probably his demo too lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
They sometimes do put extras on demo cars that are not the norm guys, I called in my dealership and told them that I was not happy at all with what I have been told about the headlight issue & I had also asked if I could change my order and they told me no because it's Being delivered march 14th. So I am happy and sad at the same time! Lol

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A lot of the Demos were built to Euro spec, not UK, that's why. Audi UK then realised that they were missing the trick by not offering Xenon's / LEDs with UK cars other than S-Line, and corrected that in October.

Good news about the delivery though!

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey Jae,
is it possible to add certain specs to the A1 AFTER it has been built?
my car is currently due to arrive in the u.k in two days, i missed out on adding the front arm rest, and would have liked to add the interior led lighting. now that it has been built, does this mean i will never be able to rest my arm whilst driving?
i have ordered A1 1.4 TFSI Sport 7 speed S-tronic in Amalfi white. I spoke to my dealer today about the xenon lights on sport models and he said that it is only available on the s-lines. in a way i was glad to hear that as it would not have been possible to add on since my car is built already, but what if it is available? i mean is it always an option to have them changed?

·
Registered
274 Posts
You can almost certainly add the arm rest - though probably not the phone cradle bits as that would need extra wiring - after all its only a bolt on and the holes are probably there, just under the carpet.

The LED lighting will be too difficult I would assume - the whole dash and door cards and the bit over the mirror would need to be removed and extra wires/switches added.

Xenon lights ARE available on the sport model packages XE1 and XE2 in the brochure - this has been well covered here in other threads - and just shows the lack of care/attention to the products - i.e. they are letting them sell themselves and not trying to promote the features (perhaps its audi uk's fault too for not making the changes clear to the dealerships). These were added as orderable options late-ish last year. It however is also almost certainly not retro-fittable - though alternative bulbs are being tried in some corners and eventually aftermarket parts may become available.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts