Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We received today the TMC box for the A1. Have to say, its bloody easy to install, which was a good job as its chuffing cold in Munich today! 4 bolts to undo, 3 cables to change over to the new loom, fix power, fix ECU (1 cable tie). Job done. It seriously took no more than 10 minutes!

Ive only been out briefly, but it has made the car more eager. I will take a look at warm performance later and also look at economy too over the coming weeks.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Look forward to the full review :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Cool. Can't wait to get mine. And the car lol. Being built this week lol. Im coming out to Munich in March for Cemtral Launch Training for the A7 and new A6

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
512 Posts
Nice and tidy install.

looking forward to your in depth review ;)

Its going to make the difference if I get one or not :)

Andrew

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ill be filling her up with either Vpower 100 or Aral(BP) 102 and see what we get. Fun fun fun :)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Looking forward to back to back test times and MPG.

If it is working well you should really notice the differance and i hope better MPG. driving normal.
The 1.4 s-tronic i drove saturday felt very quick to 0 to 80mph then it seemed to drop off which confirms my figures to the ibiza Cupra.
I have worked out our Cupra. does 0 to 60 in 6.9 sec and 0 to 100 16.0 sec 180 BHP 140 MPH MAX
The 1.4 s-tronic is 0 to 60 in 8.9 and 0 to 100 in 23 sec. 122 BHP 126 MPH MAX.
You can see after 60 MPH it starts to run out of puff a little bit.in standard form, but the A1 is no slouch by any means.
Very nice to drive

It would also be nice to know what the top end will do now, they can test that in germany, or on a track.
i would guess about. 135 MPH MAX

If they can get 160 Bhp out of this one then with it being a little lower and a little lighter than the Cupra, there should not be much of a differance at all really. UP TO 100 MPH anyway.

The test times will prove if i am close or not, i cannot wait to see the outcome.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Jae said:
Ill be filling her up with either Vpower 100 or Aral(BP) 102 and see what we get. Fun fun fun :)
Jae

What do you normally put in regular or super ? Referring back to your MPG post about the 130kph to the airport getting 44mpg (6.7l/100km).

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
VPower 95 is what we've been filling with to date. ill run the tank down before next fill, so that its quicker to "learn" the 100RON.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As yet, no. Didn't drive it yesterday, nor today :(. The roads are bloody cold so there is no grip to even try a 0-60! We have +11 over the weekend so will see what we can do then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
537 Posts
We should get some answers today , to see if this mod is any good or not.
And some speed test times, plus MPG figures.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Right off to do a 0-100 (0-62). Watch this space :)

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mpg will do on the next fill. Btw running 95 Ron VPower

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Winter tyres and 16 degrees - traction is terrible. 9.2!!!

·
Registered
537 Posts
0 to 60 Mph
0 to 100 mph
If possible please.
After 60 is when it fades compared to the Cupra times.in standard form.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts