Audi A1 Forum banner

A1 suspension

26K views 55 replies 9 participants last post by  Peter1963 
#1 ·
Just about to trade in our 1.6TDI Sport A1 with 17 inch alloys for a new Sportback.

The only critisism we have with the existing car is its very firm ride. Am considering specifying Dynamic suspension with the standard 16 inch sport alloys for the new one. (realise it wont look as good)

Does anyone know if the dynamic suspension is much different and is the ride height greater than the Sport model?

#2 ·
The sport suspension is 2cm lower.

I test drove the sport and dynamic. Chose the dynamic with 16s like you because the sport was painful to both myself and my better half after 15 minutes. She said she didn't want to have to wear a sports bra every time I took her for a ride. The roads aren't that good here though.

If you want comfort go for dynamic. The drive is still firm and awesome.

#3 ·
How big are her boobs? :O

#6 ·
Jenny19 said:
36F

Pulp84 said:
Lol...I would have gone for sport in that case :lol:
Doesn't work. She resorts to holding them which negates any additional bouncing. Plus sore boobs means they're off limits later.

#7 ·
PaleBlueDot said:
Jenny19 said:
36F

Pulp84 said:
Lol...I would have gone for sport in that case :lol:
Doesn't work. She resorts to holding them which negates any additional bouncing. Plus sore boobs means they're off limits later.
Lucky man. :mrgreen:

I'd struggle to keep my eyes on the road hands on or off! :lol:

#8 ·
I'm accustomed to it, but I still find it amusing watching other people talk to them or walking into lampposts.

Plus I love how she thinks the sales manager threw in Dynamic Suspension for free just because she informed him rather bluntly that the Sport Suspension made her boobs hurt.

#9 ·
I'm not quite as endowed as her but lots of men still can't look at my face! My now ex has said for 3 years he was looking at my shoes and his eyes had to travel down past my boobs but honestly he wasn't looking at them!
What is so fascinating about them?!?

#10 ·
Jenny19 said:
What is so fascinating about them?!?
Boobs.

Edit: And to stay on topic... The effect of different suspension geometries on the relative harmonic motion, comfort and safety of specific body parts.

#11 ·
And...? We all have them!
We don't go round staring at your willies all day!

#12 ·
So humans are the only primates that have sex face to face. Also human females are the only primates that have boobs all the time, as opposed to only while nursing. Large breasts are interpreted by the subconscious part of the male primate brain to look like a bent over arse jiggling around, which is sexually provocative to all primates and indicates the female wants to mate. So basically in humans, boobs are a permanent subconcious mating call.

Also breasts are essentially stores if fat. Despite the artificial socially constructed ideals these days, that make the current trend for skinny to mean sexy, it actually isn't and never has been. Look at any portrait or painting depicting sexy stuff from more than 100 years ago and you'll notice the women are always around size 14 to 18. A bit of extra weight is a subconscious indicator of health and availability of food and hence a much more likely survival chance of any offspring. Conversely small breasts indicate lack of food, malnutrition, and likely poor health.

Finally high pert breasts indicate youth and hence better survival and health, but also accenuate that imaginary arse I mentioned above. As opposed to flat saggy boobs that imply older age and less likely to have children and survive or being fit enough to look after them, or even postmenopausal and no longer able to have children.

You don't go round staring at willies all day because size doesn't make any difference to the chances of having kids or them surviving.

#13 ·
Haha you'd love me then! I have plenty of food sources and have a bum to prove it! :lol:
That helps explain why men think women are always up for it!

#14 ·
I loved you from the moment you said "cupcakes" when collecting your A1.

You're exactly right though. This is exactly why some men think the fact that the woman who dress sexily implies they're consenting to sex; subconsciously they're being told exactly that and, especially when they're drunk, they can't help themselves. But, at the end of the day, we've evolved beyond apes and guys should learn some respect and control. Choice of clothing, in reality, should not be an indicator of anything other than what that person fancied wearing that day.

In exactly the same way (trying to pretend like I'm keeping this on-topic ;)), a girl choosing a sport or S-line suspension doesn't make her "up for it".

#16 ·
:D Well... yeah ;)

#17 ·
I don't think some men have evolved from apes! They've just added to alcohol to it which makes it worse!
Makes me laugh that any time I go out in a pair of heels I get loads of attention, or when I'm in a Jamaican area I get chatted up constantly (must be my black ass :lol: )
Can a car determine how "up for it" a girl seems? Or do blokes just find it a turn on to have a girl that can talk engines etc with them?

#19 ·
+1. My better half is such a geek. A damn good sniper on the PS3 and installs her own SSD on her Linux laptop.

#20 ·
I don't do computers, that's for the men! But I'll talk for hours about cars! :D

#21 ·
So tell my Jenny... getting back on-topic... do you prefer a soft one or a hard one? Ride I mean, just to be clear.

#22 ·
Definitely a hard one, got to be able to feel something :D

#23 ·
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
You guys crack me up......only Jenny could turn a simple OP question into a multi page thread with 1 short sentence. :lol:

Not complaining though....anyway, back on topic for a second. I had dynamic suspension fitted as std on my sport model.
Makes for a more comfortable ride.

Better to for softer if your that way inclined and prefer a smoother ride. (and im talking suspension JENNY!!) :lol:

#24 ·
I can't help it! You guys just love talking to me!
I prefer a stiffer ride, more fun to throw it round corners that way!
And I've come from a mini so anything feels softer than that!

#25 ·
Only joking.
There is only so many questions that can be asked/answered about the A1.

Yes you do make the forums more interesting for sure. Not just because you are female, but you also have a gsoh as well.

Recon we should start a thread "Find Jenny a fella" in the off topic section and go for the record number of pages on these forums :lol: . (or a lonely hearts thread for the singles amongst us).

Sure it will be a popular thread, BUT it could work against the forum, as if...sorry when you find someone you wont get time to post on here. :(

btw....not in the running unfortunately as probably old enough to be your dad anyway :lol: .

#26 ·
I don't just come on here cruising for men! I've only been single 2 weeks!
Would have to be under 35s only lol.
I'm not looking at the moment, just enjoying doing what I want! Love can come find me if it wants to!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.