Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,
Just a heads up for people around the Manchester, Didsbury area or willing to travel there, mid or late September.

I should be heading up there to meet with a few people like Taco etc and will be bringing my Laptop and VCDS to offer this service to anyone attending.

The cost of this service is one case of Diet Coke or a Case of either... San Miguel, Sol or Corona, haha. :D

There is a nice Victorian pub in Didsbury with plenty of free parking and a nice beer garden overlooking the car park, so we can keep an eye on our A1's ;)

I will have to find out the name of the pub from my Manchester friend and confirm a day, most likely a Sunday.

Also, I am thinking of planning a meet around Cambridgeshire for the owners who live down south. If anyone has any ideas for locations etc please reply here.

VCDS will be available at this meet too ;)

Cheers,
Paul.

G

·
Bit too far for me Paul, but what a nice gesture on your part to do VCDS work for people who haven't got access to it.

That's well worth a few beers, fair play to you bud. ;)

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where are you based then CM?... Was it Jersey?

I think it's a reasonable price, less than a tenner for those and I get stocked up on drinks for a few months, haha ;)

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahhh, the Island of tax evasion? :lol:

·
Registered
162 Posts
How about Grafham Water,close to both A14 and A1,never been there ,but must have suitable facilities.Alan [Newmarket] . close to the A1. :lol:

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Yeap I'll be around! :)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Earlier this morning I met up with Mojito so he could make some modifications on my A1 via VCDS. He changed the following:

-Needle swoosh
-Courtesy turn indicator (3 to 5 flashes)
-Audible opening/locking tones
-Seltbelt indicator tone level (changed from 3 to 4)

I really like the audible tones for the locking/opening of my A1. I don't have to keep looking for the turn indicators to flash to ensure my A1 is locked. Now.....I just listen for the tones. :D

I initially wanted my seatbelt indicator tones for the passenger seat to be turned off. A while back a friend did not initially put their seatbelt on and I heard a very faint tone. Not knowing what the tone was I thought something was wrong with my A1. Mojito suggested turning up the tone and from 3 to 4. I can clearly hear the tones now. :D

On the way home from Mojito's house, I realized the courtesy turn indicator are set to the perfect flashes now. When making a lane change, you gently engage the turn indicator arm and the turn indicator flashes 5 times. By the time I finished my lane change the last flash ended. Perfect! :D

Needle flash is just a nice touch, period. :D

I also wanted to see if it was possible to modify my brake lights to flash/strobe for emergency braking. Mojito showed me on VCDS where this was already on my A1.

I would highly recommend Mojito's VCDS services. He's not modifying any programs, these modifications/additions are already available for your A1 with the simple box check on VCDS.

Thanks Mojito

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yes I could be up for a Manchester meet in September. Once confirmed I could look at booking the Monday off work.

The pub name you are after could be The Metropolitan (Met).

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AONE said:
Yes I could be up for a Manchester meet in September. Once confirmed I could look at booking the Monday off work.

The pub name you are after could be The Metropolitan (Met).
Yes! Thats the Pub... :D

It would probably be a Sunday meet, as most people are off work that day. 3rd or 4th week in September, most likely.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
not heard but it won't be that far away...

Sunday is best for me

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
West Didsbury Phil...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Sounds good. Sunday 4th Sept would be good for me so I can fit in with my brother's rosta and stay at his place! Whatever the date though, the earlier it's set the better, so I can book the aforementioned day off.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
AONE said:
Sounds good. Sunday 4th Sept would be good for me so I can fit in with my brother's rosta and stay at his place! Whatever the date though, the earlier it's set the better, so I can book the aforementioned day off.
I wouldn't be able to make that date, sorry i will be in Ibiza.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Up to Mo!

I'm in Manc anyway if people wanna meet up...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts