Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and girls,

There have been alot of posts about in the forum regarding VCDS coding.

I can offer this service for any A1 owners although you will have to visit me here in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire which is just of the 'A1' motorway! :lol:

The price of this service is a voluntary payment, although a bloody good tip is expected! I have a new A1 and beer to buy you know! :lol:

PM me for further details.

·
Registered
574 Posts
is that near scotland???

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
father ted said:
is that near scotland???
Haha, you know where it is :lol:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Mojito said:
father ted said:
is that near scotland???
Haha, you know where it is :lol:
youll get a shock when i chap your door m'lad :lol:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Mojito - What kind of beer do you drink? I can get you either American and/or Mexican beer in exchange for VCDS support. What say you?

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
San Miguel, Corona or Sol ;)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
mojito youve added privacy glass? you getting it from audi or after delivery?
how far are you from bicester? i go to them outlets every now and then?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi, is there any way to alter the colours on the MMI screen, I want all the menus to match the red and grey of the dials.
I am only just down the road in Norfolk and quite happy to load up the boot with beer.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bartlett88 said:
mojito youve added privacy glass? you getting it from audi or after delivery?
how far are you from bicester? i go to them outlets every now and then?
They wouldn't let me add gangsta windows dude... Was too late when I asked. I think the car has now been built and is on it's way over.

I am going to use a guy in my City on delivery day, who is a Euro tinting champion... £130. Going for the Audi privacy standard of 15%.

Not sure where Bicester is, haha. Let me check.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tichc said:
Hi, is there any way to alter the colours on the MMI screen, I want all the menus to match the red and grey of the dials.
I am only just down the road in Norfolk and quite happy to load up the boot with beer.
I don't think it can be done, but I will double check.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi saw your post about vcds coding for beer. I'm n Cambridge and have just picked up a 2006 a4 cab, theres a few vcds tweeks i want to make. Would you be able to help? I should be able to provide the codes.

Cheers

Mark

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Markhaines said:
Hi saw your post about vcds coding for beer. I'm n Cambridge and have just picked up a 2006 a4 cab, theres a few vcds tweeks i want to make. Would you be able to help? I should be able to provide the codes.

Cheers

Mark
Hey Mark,
Sure... PM me the details.

·
Registered
275 Posts
What is VCDS Coding? Ive seen it everywhere in this forum but I still don't really understand what it is. I know you can change the indicator or something? What else can be done?

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You can modify various settings via the cars ECU, like alarm bleep, assisted turn lights, needle sweep like the fast Audis ;)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Mojito, how do I reset my VCDS changes to factory settings. I have bought a cable and I have been making some changes but my front wipers have stopped working and I want to reset everything before I contact the dealer just in case they decide that I am not warranted due to changes. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There should be a folder called logs, i think... There should be dates and times of VCDS changes.

Copy the long code from the earliest date and paste it into the main long code screen when connected to your car.

It should return to standard settings. Please double check though as i dont want to mess your car up lol

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Make sure you save the original code in vcds.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts