Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am able to lock the driver's door, even though the passenger door or the boot is open. This happens with advance key as well as locking the door from the switch on the key. From previous experience, if any passenger door or the boot is accidentally left open, the system will not allow the drivers door to be lock.

I discovered this problem this morning. The door open normally and when I drove off , The Driver info system had the picture of the boot unlock flashing. Which means I had locked the door the previous night with the boot unlock.

Hence , I discovered that you can actually lock the car even if you leave the passenger door and boot open.

Have anyone encountered this problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
It used to happen in my Leon, and also in My BM, if the passenger door or boot is open and you lock the car the locks all drop then once you shut the door the alarm triggers and the hazards flash. The passenger door should therefore be locked. With the boot if you have pressed the boot opening button but not actually lifted it I suppose its technically 'on the latch' but shouldn't stop the alarm and rest of the doors locking.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks foxie, but I am able to lock the car even if I leave the pax door and boot fully open, i.e. it is not even partially latch. Is this a software problem or what? Any suggestions and comments welcome.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
So it's locking, and you are saying it shouldn't?

If it stops chucking it down with rain I'll have a look later and report back :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, Triplefan. I believe that you should not be able to lock the car if you had accidentally left your boot or pax door open.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By the way just to clarify the situation. I am not sure whether this only happens on the A1 185 . With the advance key or remote control I am able to lock the driver's door even though the passenger door and the boot are ajar. From all my previous cars this should not happened . The driver's door should not be able to lock to remind you that you have accidentally left, the boot or the pax door open .

From the car manual.page 31, titled 'Turn signals'._____ If the turn signals do not flash, one of the doors, the bonnet or the boot lid is still open. Any comments.

·
Registered
67 Posts
oldman said:
Thanks foxie, but I am able to lock the car even if I leave the pax door and boot fully open, i.e. it is not even partially latch. Is this a software problem or what? Any suggestions and comments welcome.
Does not sound very good :eek: :eek:

On my TTS when you use the remote to lock the car if the boot or any door is open it will not lock and the hazards do not flash this none flashing of the hazards indicates a problem !

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes spookuk, a big security issue. I hope it is just a software bug and can be resolve easily, thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally, went to the workshop and this is what I found out about the A1 Central Locking System. When you lock the A1 with the passenger door and boot lid open. the locking mechanism will lock as long as the driver's door is closed but the turn light will not blink , indicating that there is a door open (page 31 owner's manual). Hence when locking your A1 you would have to observe the turn lights. If all the doors are closed , the turn lights will blink once. I tried it on 2 other A1 185 in the PDI room and it all works the same way. Very strange, so, don't rely on the sound of the locking mechanism to ensure the doors are all closed properly. I still think it is a programming error. If the turn lights don't blink the door mechanism should not be able to lock.

·
Registered
67 Posts
That's the same as my current car, indicators flash to show car is locked all round. No indicator flash shows the car is unsecure.

Does anybody know if there are deadlocks on the A1?
i.e press the remote twice and the doors cannot be opened from inside by the handle ? This stops anybody breaking the side window, leaning in and opening the door.

·
Registered
921 Posts
A1 has deadlocks but its the other way round from what you say - single press - deadlocks are engaged, double press and they're disabled (but still locked). I would have thought the TT was that way round too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can you help me here spookuk, no indicator flash the car is unsecure, I agree, but does the car locking mechanism still locks on your TT. On the A1 185 the locking mechanism still locks up as long as the driver's door is secure even though your other doors are open, but, no flashing light.

·
Registered
67 Posts
oldman said:
Can you help me here spookuk, no indicator flash the car is unsecure, I agree, but does the car locking mechanism still locks on your TT. On the A1 185 the locking mechanism still locks up as long as the driver's door is secure even though your other doors are open, but, no flashing light.
Yes exactly the same, with either the boot or passenger door open and the remote pressed . The locks engage (drivers door locks) but the indicators do not flash to indicate a problem.

When I lock the car I always look for the indicators to flash.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Chelmersteve said:
A1 has deadlocks but its the other way round from what you say - single press - deadlocks are engaged, double press and they're disabled (but still locked). I would have thought the TT was that way round too.
One press for deadlocks on my TT, whereas when I test drove the A1 185 you could deffo hear something happening it you pressed the remote twice, thats why I asked.

The reason I did was, on a car I used to have you had to press the remote twice to activate the deadlocks, might had been my Honda Accord Type R 1999 - 2001.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks, spookuk. Just to bring a closure to what I taught was a fault, the A1 being my first Audi. The Audi man finally explained to me that this is an added security feature on the Audi. The explanation is, if we do inadvertently close the passenger door and the boot lid without fully latching it. The Audi central locking system is designed to lock all the mechanism when the driver's door is closed. The passenger door and bootlid which is not fully latch will still be secured, i.e it may move a little when you try to open it , but it is still locked. But the turn lights will not flash (Page 31 of manual). So, everytime you locked an Audi look at the lights. If it doesn't flash, one of the doors is either open or not latch properly. On my previous car the Qashqai, the central locking will not lock if any of the doors are not latch properly or left open. Thanks everyone.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts