Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a boot liner which is made of material similar to a kebab box.If anyone is thinking of buying one get the rubber one.This one is not worth 40 quid.Can't be bothered sending it back so it will have to do.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
They're actually quite resillient. Had one in the Golf GTi, it was only a dog who damaged the thing by biting a corner, otherwise 5 years perfectly fine!

We have the same one in our A1 now

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
concoursneil said:
What part number was the one you bought so I'll know the other one to order.
Dont know the no it is called Flexible Load liner,the other is Semi-ridged load liner and costs £20 more but it may only be a thicker version as it does not say what it is made of.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got the Flexible Load Liner in mine and it does what it says on the tin!

Got a similar one in my A3 too. No issues

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks ,you have put my mind at rest it just did not look very good and did not weigh much ,I thought I had been conned out of £40

·
Registered
8 Posts
not seen the more expensive boot liner but have been told by the dealer that the " Kebab Box boot liner"
( the one I bought) has more grip and will stop things sliding around the vast boot!
More than happy with the cheaper virsion, but I do put very little in the boot.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have the semi rigid boot liner and I am very happy with it. They are both similar but I thought this one would last a bit longer and go in my next A1!!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I got the flexible load liner in the A1 now and it's the same material as my A3 flexible load liner. I've had it in the A3 for 6 years with no problems. It makes it very easy to get beneath the floor board if needed. I also have 2 bungee cords for securing items if needed; I think I'd find it more difficult to secure with bungee cords if it was the rigid load liner. ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sorry to bring this thread back on, but I just received the semi rigid boot liner, and it seems like it cannot be flatten out?

[album]1289[/album]
[album]1288[/album]

Do I have to cut the "sidewall" in order to make it stay flat?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Alipapa said:
Sorry to bring this thread back on, but I just received the semi rigid boot liner, and it seems like it cannot be flatten out?

[album]1289[/album]
[album]1288[/album]

That doesn't look right. I've got the flexible one which is a perfect fit. Did you buy it locally? Might be worth querying with the dealer.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I got a boot liner, and 2 sets of mats free... 1 set rubber, the other carpet... Result ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Alipapa said:

[album]1289[/album]
[album]1288[/album]

Is the floor on the lowest level??that might make a difference

1 - 16 of 16 Posts