Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed a cool new feature that was not working before!

I can now receive email and text message sounds whilst listening to music from the Audi headunit! It cuts the music and you get the email or text sound through the Audi system!

Very strange! The only thing I have done is a iPhone software update and Jailbroken my iPhone!

Can anyone test this? Or send me a test text to make sure I'm not hearing things! ;)

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
There was an apple update yesterday version 4.3.5 it might be this...

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FaceTime also works!

If you jailbreak and install MY3G you can use FaceTime out and about for free. It also comes up as a normal call on the MMI.

I wonder if you have connectivity pack and it's plugged in you could see the FaceTime video on the MMI screen?

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Email and text sounds work, just tested again.

Also I've found a cool App called... Text and Drive Pro

It speaks your email and texts out through the sound system whilst driving!!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Mojito my car has always played the alert noises (although that is using bluetooth - are you using MMI?)

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Strange, it's only just started working for me. Through Bluetooth but with SD Card playing it now works.

Previously I had to select media>bluetooth and no music playing for text email sounds.

The SD music now drops when text or email comes in

·
Registered
574 Posts
Mojito said:
FaceTime also works!

If you jailbreak and install MY3G you can use FaceTime out and about for free. It also comes up as a normal call on the MMI.

I wonder if you have connectivity pack and it's plugged in you could see the FaceTime video on the MMI screen?
i take it your on the 10 day free trial the now?? or ahve you bought it

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bought it! You have it FT?

·
Registered
574 Posts
no dont have it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts