Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should you get some paperwork when you purchase this plan. It is shown on my invoice but recieved nothing else.

Also does the car have to be set for variable servicing to qualify. My car is supposed to be set for that according to the PDI paperwork and the salesman however the service book is ticked where it says fixed interval service.
The indication on the MMI reads oil change due in 360 days or 9200 miles and next service due in about 18000 miles or approx 720 days. The car is a week old.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mine says the same I've got the service plan. Never had any paperwork but it's on the bill if I can remember.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have it too but no paperwork.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I received a letter from Audi Finance about 2 months after taking delivery, it specifically listed out what was covered etc.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yh mines set up like that on the MMI, I had to take mine back to Audi so they could set it up properly on the MMI and thats how they set it up so it must be ok.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I had two pages ref the service , must admit I only quickly looked at it ( must get it out and have a proper read ) but like said on pervious thread? people were receiving details in the post at a later date after they collected their cars.

·
Registered
539 Posts
"Should you get some paperwork when you purchase this plan. It is shown on my invoice but recieved nothing else.

Also does the car have to be set for variable servicing to qualify. My car is supposed to be set for that according to the PDI paperwork and the salesman however the service book is ticked where it says fixed interval service.
The indication on the MMI reads oil change due in 360 days or 9200 miles and next service due in about 18000 miles or approx 720 days. The car is a week old."

If you read the small print it does say it needs to be set up for variable servicing ...

Mine is 1.4 TFSI Sport and I have done 1800 miles now

Oil Service due in 17,200 Miles
Full Service due in 17,600 Miles or 706 days....

I don't think yours has been set up correctly. Also it should be logged with the dealer / Audi under the Reg number that you have paid for the servicing ie its like all the other options its tagged to the car.

I would suggest you check that yours is correctly set up and also has the correct lubricants as I believe its a different oil grade for long life service - but the plan only covers variable.

·
Registered
921 Posts
It sounds to me as though your car is set up for variable service - the timings will change depending on how many miles you do and the driving conditions. If its on fixed its always going to be on a countdown to 1 year and whatever the mileage is (10,000 or 12,000 - not sure without looking it up)

You should get paperwork from Audi eventually, that has a reference on it that you have to use when booking your service. I don't believe its like Audi factory options and logged as part of the build - its a separate arrangement by Audi Finance.

There are two service plans at different prices. The £250 one is for the variable service interval option which is the factory set up. If your car is on the fixed service interval option and you haven't asked for it, it means your dealer has swapped it over in an attempt to get more business for the workshop.

There is, I'm told, a service plan for fixed interval servicing but that costs a lot more.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Called my dealer service dept today to ask about this as no paper work has been received in 6 months. It's there on the invoice but he said it was a sales thing and my original salesman will give me a call later in the week.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for replies.
The oil change due in --- days is reducing by a day each day, so that would seem to be set on fixed servicing.

The dealer said that it will settle down in time and correct itself, however I am not sure if thats correct.

Can anyone else on variable servicing please post the MMI readout and state how old the car is. Thanks.

·
Registered
274 Posts
you need a few hundred miles on the clock before it shows anything much - the days is a fixed amount and just counts down for very low mileage people.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Had mine since the end of November. Its done 2761 miles and the service interval now reads:
Oil Change 6600mls / 239 days
Service 16300mls / 604 days

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Indicator is now showing oil change 8900mls or 349 days, Service in 18000 miles or 710 days.

This must be set to fixed interval !!!. Its counting down each day to the oil change, and the mileage to the oil change is also reducing.

Mileage about 450ish.

Has anyone else who is supposed to be on variable servicing have there readouts available.

The dealer insists this is correct for variable servicing but has not plugged anything in to the car to verify the servicing regime. They have also confirmed that the 5 yr plan is conditional on the variable servicing regime.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Mine is on variable service - see post above yours. If it was on fixed it would be reading Service at 12K / 1 year from purchase

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If your on fixed inspection service intervals the oil change is required every 1 year or 9000 miles, with an inspection service every 19000 miles or 2 yrs.

So when the car is new on fixed servicing I would expect it to say oil change in 9000 miles ish or 365 days. This will count down by a day each day and the mileage will reduce by the amount of miles you have driven.

Thats whats happening on our A1 and by the sound of it also on Chelmersteves car.

The readout on sbarkers post seems more like what I would expect for variable servicing readouts.

Perhaps I am not understanding this properly but it seems quite simple, perhaps I an just thick or something.

Our previous Audis on variable have all been as per the readout posted by sbarker.

·
Registered
921 Posts
You've got me thinking now.
Must admit on the A3s I've had its always been more like what sbarker is saying - trip to dealer is called for.
There's only 3 oil changes included in the 5 year Service Plan and mine would appear to be counting down much too quickly, thinking about it.

Update:
Have seen the dealer and he assures me that my car is on the variable service regime and the figures are whats expected on a relatively low usage car. He said that the regime was changed across all Audis some 12 to 18 months ago to make sure low usage cars got an early oil change. That made any comparison with my A3s invalid. He also said it could go up to another 18K miles after the first oil change before a second one became due. He was very keen to differentiate between an oil change - which is simply that, well with a filter change, and a service which is all the other stuff but does not include an oil change.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for that Chelmersteve.
However the inpection service does include an oil change according to the service book. So you could end up having an oil change after one year, then another oil change during the inspection service which is fixed on both servicing regimes to 19000 miles or 2 years.
Then another oil change after a year and so on.

I think I will take the car back to the dealer when I get time and ask if they can plug it in to something to confirm the service regime.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Be interesting to hear what they say.
My guy was adamant that the oil sevice and inspection service were separate under the new regime and would only be carried out together if the car computer called for it to be that way.
The 5year Service Plan certainly says Inspection Service(No oil change)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Guys,

Just to clarify I have now done about 2000 miles. I am driving about 300 - 400 miles a week mostly motorway but from day 1 (cos I checked when I picked up the car ) it said

Oil Change 19600mls / 720 days
Service 19200mls / 720 days

After the 2000 miles it is now down to about (I looked a day or so ago)

Oil Change 16400mls / 650 days
Service 16800mls / 650 days

So I think I won't be looking for an oil change for 2 years !!!!

Out of interest I have not used a single drop of oil in the car to date either yet (this is a 1.4 TFSI) even though I have been checking each week ....

For info car is running 100% of the time on Shell V-Power only ....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just called the service dept and booked the car in for next Thurs to check the service indicator. He thought from what I told him that it is actually set for fixed servicing.

I would have expected the readout to be something like that of sbarker. Anyway we will see next week.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.