Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking through Autoexpress last night...

I noticed under new car release dates for 2011, it shows the Audi A1 4 door is set for April.

Can anyone confirm this or other rumours around the 4 door release?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tim, we have a 2dr SE on order - delivery quoted at August. With a long lead time maybe we should speak with our dealer about amending our order.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Does seem an awfully long lead time. Where you located?
Have you looked at audinow.co.uk?

·
Registered
445 Posts
mjsaville said:
Tim, we have a 2dr SE on order - delivery quoted at August. With a long lead time maybe we should speak with our dealer about amending our order.
That is a long time,the article I read was regarding slow sales in Germany and some other european countries so they were bringing the 4 door forward but that may not include the UK,but sales may have picked up with the price of oil going up and more people are downsizing.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mrfaize said:
:eek: Really August?
Well the dealership - AberdeenAudi - cannot give me a delivery date but when we ordered, I noticed the date entered on the paperwork was August.

·
Registered
17 Posts
mjsaville said:
mrfaize said:
Well the dealership - AberdeenAudi - cannot give me a delivery date but when we ordered, I noticed the date entered on the paperwork was August.
I ordered my SE TDi on November 15th,still waiting for a build date,when did you order yours?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have an SE and when I picked it up the dealer they said their entire years allocation for the SE model was 8 cars. So if this is correct it will be a rare model indeed. I think Audi would like people to buy the sport or s-line as there maybe more money in them .

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Steven said:
mjsaville said:
mrfaize said:
I ordered my SE TDi on November 15th,still waiting for a build date,when did you order yours?
Ordered 1st week of Jan, I'm into the Dealership beggining of Feb to get My A5 serviced, so will ask Salesman for an update.

·
Registered
6 Posts
[I ordered my SE TDi on November 15th,still waiting for a build date,when did you order yours?[/quote]

Hmmm.... ordered my (SE TDI) on 24 November for March delivery. Update mail from dealer today said delivery revision date may be late March or first week April (no build week quoted). I have replied 31 March OK, April no go. I had specified on sales invoice delivery by 31 March as latest. Await response....

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Neil, interesting info - fingers crossed you get it for the end of March!

Please let me know how it goes. The Wifes current Polo runs out of tax and needs a service at the end of August. So as long as it comes before then all will be good. Fingers crossed though....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Latest from Dealer is that he is confident for end March delivery. Due (not confirmed!!) build week I am informed is week 9 with deivery to dealer 2-3 weeks after this = mid March (his maths). He says I will get confirmed buid week 2-4 weeks before it is built...sooo could be Mid Feb before hear.
There does seem to be an Audi prejudice against SE customers no doubt with VW group's profitability targets at the core. I think this is somewhat misplaced as I would not have bought an A1 1.6 sport if this was the base model (as it is in the 1.4). I am a diesel convert (sad) and would have bought the new engined Mini Cooper D instead. The SE undercuts the Mini price (even with latter bigger discounts of £500ish), the sports does not. I had a budget of £15k.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought an SE last week, I am hearing from people in the 'know' that there might be minimum 6 months lead time on all SE order
I'm wondering if I can change to a Sport model instead or an S-Line...but not sure on the value of the Sport/S-Line (seems to be mostly expensive style accessories that add nothing to the actual vehicle usability!)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Neil I am like you, I test drove a Mini Cooper D just before, which have normal expected lead times (3-4 weeks)
The salesman in Audi was nice but neglected to tell me of the lead time until after I'd ordered it ... :shock:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would have considered a Sport model if mark up had been £1k but it is approaching £2k and like mpaton I could not see that much £s extra useful/desirable kit.
I have moaned to local dealers about lack of SE model to drive, look at or even an interior photo! One said they would be getting a batch of SE stock cars in February. If this is true and true of other dealerships then you may be able to get a SE quicker if you are prepared to compromise a bit on colour/specs.

·
Registered
274 Posts
mpaton2010 said:
Hi Neil I am like you, I test drove a Mini Cooper D just before, which have normal expected lead times (3-4 weeks)
The salesman in Audi was nice but neglected to tell me of the lead time until after I'd ordered it ... :shock:
caveat emptor I'm afraid.

·
Registered
921 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Confirmed build week 8= 1.6 SE ordered 24/11/10. Dealer reckons could be ready early March for pick up (looks optimistic to me, perhaps SEs get parachuted in). So 16 week lead time looks about right for SE with a couple of extras...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.