Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We now have the tuning boxes available for the new 185 bhp A1, power increases to 213bhp and +50nm.

·
Registered
305 Posts
who needs an s1?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Horses for courses as they say ...

·
Registered
18 Posts
You'll still need the s1 for the four wheel drive, front wheel spin on the 185 is bad enough, imagine how long the front tyres will last with 213bhp :D

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
S1 will probably be around 250PS standard... Remapped, 280PS???

·
Registered
305 Posts
Mojito said:
S1 will probably be around 250PS standard... Remapped, 280PS???
quattro or not... far too much power for a car the size of the a1!!! have you been in the a1 over 100mph??? it feels shakey!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can also supply Bilstein B14 PSS coilover kits, they will eliminate that issue.

·
Registered
305 Posts
TMC said:
I can also supply Bilstein B14 PSS coilover kits, they will eliminate that issue.
expensive?

·
Registered
11 Posts
TMC said:
280bhp in an A1 would be mad, my S3 is that at the minute and it shifts (plus drinks petrol) :roll:

How much are the coilovers just out of interest?

Need to sell my H&R Monotubes off the S3 first! Not done many miles either.

Thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Bilstein B14 PSS coilover kits with height adjustment are superb, I have them on my own car, they would be firmer than standard suspension but not uncomfortable, the handling is absolutely amazing with them, motorway at high speeds the car is firmly planted to the ground, cornering the car feels glued to the road. Retail price is £607 +vat, if we can get a group buy of 5 or more I can do them at £550 +vat per kit (shipping £20 next day delivery). Looks like this:

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
That''s not too bad for Bilstein... When I sell my S3 coilovers I may be interested in a set :D

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Any chance of posting the power graphs?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
butch said:
We don't normally post power graphs because they vary so much depending on the dyno, the fuel used, the temperature and so many other factors. The best thing is to test the box on your own car, if you're not happy with the results send it back for a refund. We also don't test 0-60 times, again you can do this yourself. A dyno graph from someone else's car tested in another country on different fuel may give different results to your own. Figures we quote are average increases and you should get results very close some cars make over and some slightly less. Every car is different. Even in standard form this applies.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
TMC said:
butch said:
We don't normally post power graphs because they vary so much depending on the dyno, the fuel used, the temperature and so many other factors. The best thing is to test the box on your own car, if you're not happy with the results send it back for a refund. We also don't test 0-60 times, again you can do this yourself. A dyno graph from someone else's car tested in another country on different fuel may give different results to your own. Figures we quote are average increases and you should get results very close some cars make over and some slightly less. Every car is different. Even in standard form this applies.
Thanks for that but you must of had the car on a dyno why not just post the graphs for us to see?

·
Registered
512 Posts
butch said:
TMC said:
butch said:
Thanks for that but you must of had the car on a dyno why not just post the graphs for us to see?
We won't hold you to the figures lol we just wanna see :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
saw the installation video on the website..the box needs to get power source tabbed to the battery.but like many,my 185's battery is located in the boot behind,how do i get around that?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cuscorex said:
saw the installation video on the website..the box needs to get power source tabbed to the battery.but like many,my 185's battery is located in the boot behind,how do i get around that?
The A1 kit does not need battery connection. The car shown in the video is an Opel Insignia, a few cars do need 12v but most don't.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts