Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I know this may sound a little OCD, but i am really quite impressed with the screenwash that the car came with from delivery. NO streaks at all, smells really quite strong and definitely does the job well. Experience with the halfrauds concentrates etc, is patchy at best. can anyone from Audi let me know what they use? I dont particularly want to call the dealership for fear of sounding like a right prat.... or being sold the pricey audi accessories stuff... :oops:

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have purchased the AUDI Screenwash - its concentrated and it was £3 a bottle, so no more expensive than Halfords really. I would imgaine it would be this thats in the car.

There has been reports of the fan-jets getting blocked if you don't use the reccomended screen wash and if they do get blocked they may refuse to pay for repairs under warranty.

·
Registered
921 Posts
The VW/Audi screenwash is very good - but there are 2 types, one in a round bottle and the other in a rectangular bottle - you want the one in the rectangular bottle which is specifically for the 'fan' spread jets as used on the A1

·
Registered
60 Posts
Chelmersteve: am I alright using the screenwash in the AutoGlym bag that comes with the Lifeshine kit? Or should I use the Audi stuff?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi, Im also in the same boat as you mmadrew, I also have some of the autoglym screenwash, so will be very interested to know if its ok to use with my A1?

Regards
Dave

·
Registered
144 Posts
Bought 5ltrs of the genuine VAG screen wash from wayside trade sales in Bletchley, the concentrate stuff, cost £3:72 .If you visit the wayside Audi or VW dealers it's more,so order it from them.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Chris - yes that's the stuff - its the same price at VW dealers.
It was my local VW dealer who put me on to it - their parts guy is really switched on. I originally picked up the other one but he asked what the jets were like and also if I had headlamp washers then told me I needed that one. Apparently the fan jets and particularly the headlamp washer jets are prone to clogging with some of fluids that are available - i don't know which ones though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chelmersteve said:
Chris - yes that's the stuff - its the same price at VW dealers.
It was my local VW dealer who put me on to it - their parts guy is really switched on. I originally picked up the other one but he asked what the jets were like and also if I had headlamp washers then told me I needed that one. Apparently the fan jets and particularly the headlamp washer jets are prone to clogging with some of fluids that are available - i don't know which ones though.
Brill

ordered.... ;)

·
Registered
162 Posts
I was given a 1ltr bottle of Windscreen Clear concentrate,grey rectangular bottle,with the car as well as oil on collection. :)

·
Registered
445 Posts
I think the main problem of blocking is the hardness of the water ,if you have heated jets in particular.The heat dries the water and the residues build up.I had a Mondeo with heated jets and they were always getting blocked.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Its not the screenwash its the Belgian water. You will know what I mean if you have tried Belgian beer. :lol:

·
Registered
539 Posts
I used to have a SKoda Fabia VRS (infact had two back to back great cars) and these used the same fan jets (same in Seat Ibiza) lots and lots of people had blocked jets and they were refused under warranty to be fixed - I have had heard reports that the dealers took samples of water from the washer bottle to check as it was a known complaint.

First thing I did when I got the A1 was buy the Washer fluid - I think its the same from AUDI/VW/SKODA/SEAT - was tempted to see which one was cheapest but at just over £3 a bottle from Audi I decided wasn't worth it ... and it is good stuff ...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Ok sorry to bring back such an old thread, but is it ok to use our Autoglym Screenwash with our A1's??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts