Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just noticed today the first scratches on my A1 :(

Just above the rear wheel on the drivers side is one relatively deep scratch (pictured below) and a few minor accompanying scratches that can only really be seen if you look closely at an angle. Looks like stones have caused it on the motorway rather than anything malicious.

scratch.jpg

scratch2.jpg

Just wondering if anyone had done a DIY repair on something similar? Any recommended products? Can I order the paint from Audi (Scuba Blue) as a paint stick?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Dont use a touch up pen... It will make it worse. Get a pro to look at it.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
If it is not deep and not through the laquer a pro detailer could polish it out.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Sorry to see those photo's. It does look malicious though. I'm sending a get well soon shout out to your A1.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dont use a touch up pen... It will make it worse. Get a pro to look at it.
the more i researched it the more i came to that conclusion as well...

Sorry to see those photo's. It does look malicious though. I'm sending a get well soon shout out to your A1.
thanks - i thought it didn't look malicious as if someone was going to key it presumably they'd properly have gone for it rather than leaving such a small scratch and also that there are number of tiny scratches around it going in the same direction (hence the idea perhaps that a stone had been thrown up on the motorway by a lorry or something similar!)

but the more i look at the close up picture if it was a stone presumably it wouldn't leave such a wobbly line

If it is not deep and not through the laquer a pro detailer could polish it out.
I would give Chips Away a call.
the scratch is small, doesn't look so deep as to be down to metal (although am far from an expert) but it does look white so presumably it is through the lacquer? this is my first car so my first experience of scratch repair (am sure it won't be the last unfortunately...)

any idea on how much it would cost to get a pro to polish a scratch of this size out? anybody used anyone in london they would recommend? has anyone actually used Chips Away?

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Could it of been caused by a bike?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Could it of been caused by a bike?
possibly i guess - really have no idea

i've read that if you can catch your nail in the scratch at all it's too deep for polishing to fix it... and unfortunately it did catch my nail slightly

i'm looking into Chips Away and others and will get it looked at next week. Will post up before/after pictures once they have worked they magic

·
Registered
574 Posts
drag your nail across it lighly if it gets caught then it needs professional look at if not it could be polished out try AG super resin polsh see if that does

·
Registered
75 Posts
SRP will only mask the scratch not get rid off, I would just get a detailer too machine polish it out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.