Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a list of the changes for the 2012 A1 spec... LED rear number plate lighting too, maybe this could be a retrofit! :cool:

2012 Audi A1 Model Changes
Audi has announced the new model changes for the 2012 Audi A1.

Effective from May this year, the MY12 Audi A1 will receive a number of alternations including an emissions reduction for the A1 1.6 TDI engine, the introduction of new paint colours and several new options across the range.

Lower CO2 Emissions:
In line with current competitor action and Euro 5 standards, the C02 emissions on A1 1.6 TDI engines have been reduced to just 99g/km. The changes allow qualifying A1 models to apply for the 100% Greener Vehicle Discount, potentially saving London drivers up to £2,500 per year* on the London Congestion Charge.

New Paint Colours:
A number of new paint colours are now available on the 2012 Audi A1 including a new metallic in Glacier White. Audi has also lifted some of the restrictions on colour combinations with roof contrast line, giving customers more choice for personalisation. The Amalfi white roof contrast line will now be available with Scuba Blue, Shiraz Red, Sphere Blue or Teak Brown metallic, Cumulus Blue in gloss or Phantom Black & Misano Red in pearl effect.

New Features & Options:
A number of new options will be available on the MY12 A1 including a mobile telephone preparation system with online services priced from £720. Audi has also announced that all new 2012 A1 models will receive new LEDs to light the rear licence plate.

Orders for the 2012 Audi A1 start from next week.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sounds good, I am not bothered that Audi has introduced these changes.

The number plate lights shouldn't be that difficult to swap out, so that'll be a decent retrofit :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've already got mine fitted lol

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive got some LEDs sitting in the cupboard... I may try them out. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Can you advise where you get yours from and which ones they are?

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have Just ordered my s-line 1.6tdi. I have requested delivery in september. Does anyone know if the changes (mainly the lower co2) is applied to cars built after may or does it have to be ordered? Is the price structure of the a1 changing?

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
they will fit any audi they are all the same

·
Registered
50 Posts
madant_uk said:
they will fit any audi they are all the same
Thanks man!

·
Registered
574 Posts
madant_uk said:

Bought mine from: http://www.autoledshop.com/enlarge.php? ... 22&pid=194

Little bit more expensive than standard but definatly worth it
ok took the bull by the horns and ordered these as well once they come ill do a before and after with these as well as the front running lights but if they look the same as yours ill be happy

·
Registered
305 Posts
haha so audi are now taking styling tips from bmw as of 2012!

none the less... im definitely getting a set of them, they look ace!

·
Registered
179 Posts
jollyretard said:
haha so audi are now taking styling tips from bmw as of 2012!

none the less... im definitely getting a set of them, they look ace!
haha yh they do look pretty impressive, might just do the same and order a set, regarding fitting, how hard is it?

·
Registered
305 Posts
yeah i wondered this, is it a simple replacement? the product description seems to say so but don't you need to replace the whole casing as these led's come in there own housing?

1 - 20 of 73 Posts